Solved! Function keys that you can use to unfreeze screen

ejp907

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
I have a HP Laptop Notebook, and one day I had a website I was working on and for what ever reason the screen just froze. I couldnt use the ( X) key or backspace or refesh,or esc. My question is can you use a fn key along with the esc key or the use of a ctrl key to unfreeze the screen?
Thanks for your help in advance
EJP907

Solution
Or it could be a video driver problem. Re-install your video driver to make sure there isn't anything wrong.

And no, there isn't a Fn key combo to unfreeze your screen.

lotri

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Or it could be a video driver problem. Re-install your video driver to make sure there isn't anything wrong.

And no, there isn't a Fn key combo to unfreeze your screen.

Solution

ejp907

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010

This is my first computer,so I dont know how to install a video driver. Who would I go to , to have this done. Or can I google this and find a web site that will show me how to do this myself? ( I hope this isnt very hard)
Thanks for your help

lotri

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
You should be able to go to your laptop's manufacturer website and download the video drivers.

I.e.. if you own a compaq, go to compaq's website and look for driver downloads for your laptop model.

If you're still unsure as to how you do this, could you tell us what model laptop you have?