Funky ''Flip'' Phone Concept Has Three Sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]With all those screens, this thing is going to be mighty thick.[/citation]
not really, haven't you see how thin super AMOLED screens can be?

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Its battery issues more than anything else. AMOLED screens still eat quite a bit of power, and having two screens - unless its using the same screen on both sides somehow - is really going be hungry.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Design class 101: Since you only use any 2 screens at the same time (as evidenced by this article), the extra expense of the 3rd screen is pointless.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Interesting device, certainly a eye-catcher but it would need to have some decent hardware if they expected anybody to use the device properly.

I can see it being useful when browsing a web page, open the page up on all 3 screens and you can see much more text, but the bezel between the screens would be a hassle.

c0oim4n

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010
This idea is actually pretty kick-ass!
Think: If its got a nice, beefy dual core processor, gaming would be very cool on the thing! have one screen playing the game, the other screen as the controller... Its a great idea!

hardcore_gamer

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]With all those screens, this thing is going to be mighty thick.[/citation]

Take a look at the 3rd pic.Its not that thick

h2o_skiman

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
"Uh, three sides just for a clock it seems. Just use a dock?"

And you carry your dock with you?

I think the design has great potential. Instead of a clock, why couldn't that be a video that is playing. I was at bar in Germany the other night and we discussing some movies, so I pulled up the clips on youtube on my droid-x (fortunately they had free wi-fi). The person in the middle had hold the phone so we could all watch it. It would have been neat to have the built in stand to prop the phone up, instead of holding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.