Future Wii Titles Will Be Able to Play Themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

drunknmunkys

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
Just another example of why the Wii will never be more than console for grandma and kids under 10. I don't care about sales; I bet half of the Wiis sold haven't been played more than 10 hours because of the people who buy them. Surely they could have spent their time developing something better than this.

salopar

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
Loccorocco Coccorecho for the ps3 already have something like that. The game play it self without the user but you can take the command !!!

G

I think it's brilliant. As a 39 year old gamer who likes a challenging game but doesn't have time to master all the nuances and "special moves", I want to finish a game but without the hours of dedication it takes to master it. Sometimes you just hit a wall and it's helpful to see an example of how to get past it and then try it out. If I can't do it, I don't have the time with everything else going on to do it over and over till I get it. This will be a cool feature.

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
[citation][nom]drunknmunkys[/nom]Just another example of why the Wii will never be more than console for grandma and kids under 10. I don't care about sales; I bet half of the Wiis sold haven't been played more than 10 hours because of the people who buy them. Surely they could have spent their time developing something better than this.[/citation]

you make it seem like the cheat/trainer scene isn't huge in every other games platform available. stop hatin on the wii just because you think it's dumb.

do ppl hate the wii simply because it's selling in huge numbers cuz it's price is at a point more ppl are willing to pay? it seems all the haters always like to chime in that the wii hampers progress because of it's lesser hardware. but it appears the hardware they're clamoring for can not be sold at the price they want to pay. so is it nintendo's fault they can sell a product that ppl are paying for that isn't the bleeding edge? the digital tv debacle seems to be proof that most people don't even have TVs of a quality that would put better hardware to good use, so wot's the point in making a console that has features the majority of it's prospective purchasers could utilize? developers don't even fully utilize the hardware as it is and you want us to buy that we need the hardware to push progress forward? in the end, this is all about money and wot and whom is able to capitalize and fully exploit wotever oppertunity is at hand at the time. we live (US at least) in a society that demands products to be the cheapest price possible and delivers reasonable performance. we don't care wot technology it takes to accomplish it as long as it's cheap. the product that delievers the goal at the cheapest price wins! if you want your precious hardware to win, demand they make it cheap or try to change ppl's views on price but do not hate manufactures that exploit reality.

rdandtrk1

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
I like the idea. It's just an added feature. From my understanding of the article, it's totally optional. If you don't like it, you don't have to use it. Any time we get more options, it's a win.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]cobot[/nom]Uhmm... isn't the idea to have fun while playing a game, not to finish it as quickly as possible?[/citation]

You'd think that, but well yeah that's why I play games.

So I wonder why they're actually doing this. Is it because so many people have a Wii and aren't playing it, or is it because so many games do not play well with the Wiimote so they need this to get past certain parts.

Upendra09

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
I don't think we should have the feature,it just makes video games even more dumb than they are. I am not saying that video games are dumb, I have a Wii myself and i love it, but that's what most adults think, considering I am an adolescent, and with this new self play, there will be less parents who will want to buy this for their children because now whatever thinking and strategy that was in it is gone, just watch the level play itself and move on. This might even bring down the standard of the Wii.

vertigo_2000

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
Wow. And I thought I was lazy. I can't believe there are people out there who don't have the energy to play games. "I can

Games are meant to be played. Puzzles in games are meant to be figured out. THAT'S THE CHALLENGE.

Can't figure something out? Try doing it a different way. That didn't work? Try something else. Didn't work? Try again.

Games are much more satisfying when you beat them by yourself.

But if you REALLY need help, Strategy Guides and internet forums can be used.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
It is a good idea. You don't have to use it.....

I can understand why some people may like this. I know i generally don't "cheat" but i have in my lifetime used a trainer or two.

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
[citation][nom]cobot[/nom]Uhmm... isn't the idea to have fun while playing a game, not to finish it as quickly as possible?[/citation]

It's not so fun when you have to play a certain part of the game over and over to get past it....I don't see how this is a whole lot different to looking up a walkthrough online to get help with certain parts.

For all you people that are criticizing this new feature and claiming to be "hard core" gamers, I'd like to know how many times you consulted gamefaqs or IGN for some game hints...

Status
Not open for further replies.