Status
Not open for further replies.

Inf3rno82

Estimable
May 12, 2015
Hello. Earlier today when I turned on my Lenovo laptop it said windows 10 had installed new updates and was configuring setting so I shouldn't turn the system off. After it was done, it went on to reboot... and that was that. Although both battery and power light on the frontside are on, nothing shows on the screen. The laptop becomes hot after some time so I'm assuming it's operating, at least on some level. I tried to hard reset it and it did nothing. the light goes back on but nothing else happens. please help if you have a clue about this issue.

Solution
I have the same problem: after having upgraded to Windows 10, a day or so later, my Lenovo Z50-75 froze and then crashed. I can't start it up in safe mode - I can't do anything. The only signs of life are the little lights indicating whether my laptop is attached to a power source or if it's on. In addition, it heats up quite dramatically for the fact that the screen itself only portrays a slight dark glow. Eventually, after approximately 5 minutes, it switches off and nothing happens. I need help!

Inf3rno82

Estimable
May 12, 2015

it's not that I boot up, system info comes up and then it doesn't enter windows, it does nothing at all. I have no way of accessing BIOS or anything else. the computer only life signs are those two lights I described in the question

Seal97

Estimable
Dec 21, 2015
I have the same problem: after having upgraded to Windows 10, a day or so later, my Lenovo Z50-75 froze and then crashed. I can't start it up in safe mode - I can't do anything. The only signs of life are the little lights indicating whether my laptop is attached to a power source or if it's on. In addition, it heats up quite dramatically for the fact that the screen itself only portrays a slight dark glow. Eventually, after approximately 5 minutes, it switches off and nothing happens. I need help!

Solution

cwr64

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Same problem for me. Windows Updates looked to complete OK and Lenovo W10 64bit G505 laptop went into reboot. I saw the messages on the laptop screen during reboot that said 15%, 20%, 30% done and then I walked away thinking that reboot would complete. When I came back the laptop was displaying the "Lenovo" screen with the little Windows icon spinning. So I waited 10-15 minutes for the password screen to come up. Didn't happen. After an hour with no change I pressed the power button and the laptop powered down. 2-3 tries with the power button to reboot only turned on the little light on the laptop lid for a couple of seconds and then the light went out. On about the 4th try the laptop booted to the point where it again displayed the "Lenovo" screen with the Windows icon spinning. I left it that way overnight - it never progressed beyond. Called my computer guy who said he had other reports of similar and he's to come by and pick up the laptop this afternoon. Still under his warrantee, he said.

ip_1_me

Commendable
May 23, 2016

It happened exactly the same to me but with z500 ideapad laptop. Could someone give us any solution? How to repair it when we cannot boot?

thanks in advance

berkoboy

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016
Same happened to me. In frustration unplugged everything USB printer mouse etc and power. Just been out on the road for a week..pressed on and voila it booted up. No computer genius just lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.