Gaikai Says Nope, No Sony Deal Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

phishy714

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
"Now that E3 2012 is almost over, rumors relating to Sony making deals with cloud gaming services are squashed. Or are they?"

... yes, yes they are.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
[citation][nom]whiteodian[/nom]Well said hoof. I'm not down with this cloud stuff. Don't get me started on 3D.[/citation]The only thing with cloud gaming I want is cloud game saves.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
It's strange that Tom's should report this, since they know about Nvidia's GRID and Gaikai was one of the major companies pushing that stuff.

Anyway, predicted this during the last "Sony's buying Gaikai" article.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Shin-san[/nom]The only thing with cloud gaming I want is cloud game saves.[/citation]

oh god yes... i want cloud save and backups of the previous saves on every system. you have no idea how much i hate being tied to the hdd in the console or the card i have in it, when they could both fail... cloud processing... not so much a want, but could be useful for renting games, like old pc games or even current ones.

aethm

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
I tried Onlive on the PC and it's definitely promising. I think cloud gaming has promise but it still needs a lot of work. The lag is a serious issue. It was impossible to play online etc... The next gen needs to skip cloud gaming as it stands and stick with hard-copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.