Galaxy Nexus Priced, Hitting UK November 17

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]Don't EVER try to dispute my factual comments.http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.209-74 [...] t=209-7481[/citation]
Did you even read what I said? What's the part of sim free you don't understand?

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]Did you even read what I said? What's the part of sim free you don't understand?[/citation]

"It's insulting to think I haven't anticipated your every move"

1 - Did you even read what I said? Please navigate to my comment and find the Sim element. So now who can't read? Who didn't understand what who said?

2 - The sim element is free, you could, for example, go to O2 and get them to unlock it for free, or you could (depending on your contract) replace the sim with your existing one. For example, O2 sims work - breaking news: you're gonna need a Sim either way, and many of them work immediately, effectively making it sim free.

3 - Tesco will unlock it for you if you ask them. They charge £20, if you do it before 12 months. It's free after.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/iphone/1155100-o2-pay-go-sim-tesco-iphone.html

See, I research before I pout ;-) Take notes, kid.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]"It's insulting to think I haven't anticipated your every move"1 - Did you even read what I said? Please navigate to my comment and find the Sim element. So now who can't read? Who didn't understand what who said?2 - The sim element is free, you could, for example, go to O2 and get them to unlock it for free, or you could (depending on your contract) replace the sim with your existing one. For example, O2 sims work - breaking news: you're gonna need a Sim either way, and many of them work immediately, effectively making it sim free.3 - Tesco will unlock it for you if you ask them. They charge £20, if you do it before 12 months. It's free after. http://www.avforums.com/forums/iph [...] phone.htmlSee, I research before I pout ;-) Take notes, kid.[/citation]
This is what really annoys me about Apple fans (or any other kind of fan), talking to them is like talking to a wall.

You can't compare a price of a sim locked phone to one that isn't. It's irrelevant that you can unlock it for free, for a small price or whatever. If you want to make this comparison then when mobile networks provide the price of the galaxy nexus as a pay as you go phone we'll talk. Until then your point is moot.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]This is what really annoys me about Apple fans (or any other kind of fan), talking to them is like talking to a wall.You can't compare a price of a sim locked phone to one that isn't. It's irrelevant that you can unlock it for free, for a small price or whatever. If you want to make this comparison then when mobile networks provide the price of the galaxy nexus as a pay as you go phone we'll talk. Until then your point is moot.[/citation]

You're the one who claimed the iPhone 4 is the same price.

I proved that you can get one, for less. Therefore it's not the same price

Now where's your evidence that I can get a Nexus for the same price?

The only point which is 'moot' is your own point, since you have no evidence whatsoever, and it's not even available yet.

I didn't even address the obvious fact that iPhone 4 may be reduced by the time the Nexus is out.

If you're desperately desperate for yet another way in which your wrong, a 2 second google:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003TQ3NCY/ref=asc_df_B003TQ3NCY5030419?smid=A26O6R3HT824TS&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22218&creativeASIN=B003TQ3NCY

vs

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-I9250-Galaxy-Nexus-Smart/dp/B005XYU45E/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1320180128&sr=1-1

How dare you accuse someone else of being a brick wall when you're claiming a phone is the same price as another one, when every single fact proves you wrong. And please, calling me an Apple fan because I demonstrated numerous FACTS which proved you wrong after YOU started flaming the iPhone 4? Total hypocrite, illogical fool. Told.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]You're the one who claimed the iPhone 4 is the same price.I proved that you can get one, for less. Therefore it's not the same priceNow where's your evidence that I can get a Nexus for the same price?The only point which is 'moot' is your own point, since you have no evidence whatsoever, and it's not even available yet.I didn't even address the obvious fact that iPhone 4 may be reduced by the time the Nexus is out.If you're desperately desperate for yet another way in which your wrong, a 2 second google:http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003TQ3 [...] B003TQ3NCYvshttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-I9 [...] 128&sr=1-1How dare you accuse someone else of being a brick wall when you're claiming a phone is the same price as another one, when every single fact proves you wrong. And please, calling me an Apple fan because I demonstrated numerous FACTS which proved you wrong after YOU started flaming the iPhone 4? Total hypocrite, illogical fool. Told.[/citation]
It has nothing to do with being able to get a cheaper price. The price you mentioned is from a network provider that subsidized the price. The one mentioned in Amazon is a sim free phone whose price has not been subsidized by anyone.

As you stated in you post the difference between the two is £20 . In a price that exceeds 500£ the difference is almost non existent.

I think you're getting me confused with someone else. Or could you provide with any kind of proof that I bashed the iPhone 4? I own an iPhone 4 and I also own every other previous iteration of the iPhone. And I already made a pre-launch reservation for the 4S (in my country the 4S isn't out yet). I also own quite a few other Apple products. So you don't even know my opinion on Apple products but since you don't agree with me on something related to Apple I must be an apple hater and what I deserve is to be name called. The last sentence is a definition of a fanatic.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]It has nothing to do with being able to get a cheaper price. The price you mentioned is from a network provider that subsidized the price. The one mentioned in Amazon is a sim free phone whose price has not been subsidized by anyone.As you stated in you post the difference between the two is £20 . In a price that exceeds 500£ the difference is almost non existent.I think you're getting me confused with someone else. Or could you provide with any kind of proof that I bashed the iPhone 4? I own an iPhone 4 and I also own every other previous iteration of the iPhone. And I already made a pre-launch reservation for the 4S (in my country the 4S isn't out yet). I also own quite a few other Apple products. So you don't even know my opinion on Apple products but since you don't agree with me on something related to Apple I must be an apple hater and what I deserve is to be name called. The last sentence is a definition of a fanatic.[/citation]

It has everything to do with being able to get it for a cheaper price.

What you are doing here is blatantly, blatantly ignoring the reality.

What the REALITY is is that I can, right now, go and buy an iPhone4, and well within £500 I can switch it to ANY provider with ANY sim. I don't care who's subsidising what. That is the REALITY. Wake up and stop denying that. Scroll up at the comments in this very thread. What was a thread in which people were discussing the Prime pricing, turned into you posting a completely irrelevant post flaming the iPhone 4, saying it's overpriced because it 'costs the same'. That, right there, is bashing, irrelevant bashing.

What's more, it's FUNDAMENTALLY INCORRECT. It is factually incorrect. I've clearly proven that. And you're still a 'brick wall' of denial.

Not ONLY can you buy it over £50 cheaper with no compromise whatsoever, even playing by your own silly rules, comparing a product you can buy and have delivered NOW to a product which isn't even out for over 2 weeks (by which time the iPhone 4 may have been reduced), from the same provider, is £20 cheaper.

To then come back with '£20' is non existent - is quite frankly laughable. It really, really is. I think it's the single worst case of just blatant denial I've ever seen from anyone on these forums.

You made an irrelevant, Apple bashing claim, which has since been proven by myself, to be fundamentally and factually incorrect, on many levels. A real man would just have said 'OK, so it's cheaper' - but not 'brick wall' 'Vladislaus'.... he's too proud to admit he combined both an irrelevant Apple bashing comment with a simple lie.

To rant on about which phones you own, is just as irrelevant. Whether you do or do not own Apples is 1 - unverifiable by me, 2 - irrelevant anyway, since 3 - Whether you own or do not own products does not stop you bashing them, or prevent you changing your mind or allegiance after your purchase. In other words, you're ranting on about irrelevant drivel. The FACT is ranting on about the iPhone 4 being overpriced, whether you like it or not, IS bashing it. Sorry, but that's just reality. You need a big wake up call.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]It has everything to do with being able to get it for a cheaper price.What you are doing here is blatantly, blatantly ignoring the reality.What the REALITY is is that I can, right now, go and buy an iPhone4, and well within £500 I can switch it to ANY provider with ANY sim. I don't care who's subsidising what. That is the REALITY. Wake up and stop denying that. Scroll up at the comments in this very thread. What was a thread in which people were discussing the Prime pricing, turned into you posting a completely irrelevant post flaming the iPhone 4, saying it's overpriced because it 'costs the same'. That, right there, is bashing, irrelevant bashing.What's more, it's FUNDAMENTALLY INCORRECT. It is factually incorrect. I've clearly proven that. And you're still a 'brick wall' of denial.Not ONLY can you buy it over £50 cheaper with no compromise whatsoever, even playing by your own silly rules, comparing a product you can buy and have delivered NOW to a product which isn't even out for over 2 weeks (by which time the iPhone 4 may have been reduced), from the same provider, is £20 cheaper. To then come back with '£20' is non existent - is quite frankly laughable. It really, really is. I think it's the single worst case of just blatant denial I've ever seen from anyone on these forums.You made an irrelevant, Apple bashing claim, which has since been proven by myself, to be fundamentally and factually incorrect, on many levels. A real man would just have said 'OK, so it's cheaper' - but not 'brick wall' 'Vladislaus'.... he's too proud to admit he combined both an irrelevant Apple bashing comment with a simple lie.To rant on about which phones you own, is just as irrelevant. Whether you do or do not own Apples is 1 - unverifiable by me, 2 - irrelevant anyway, since 3 - Whether you own or do not own products does not stop you bashing them, or prevent you changing your mind or allegiance after your purchase. In other words, you're ranting on about irrelevant drivel. The FACT is ranting on about the iPhone 4 being overpriced, whether you like it or not, IS bashing it. Sorry, but that's just reality. You need a big wake up call.[/citation]
I know that you don't understand what fair is. And this is what you're failing at. The price of a Galaxy Nexus through a mobile operator has been revealed, but you want to compare the price of a sim locked version to one that is sold through a mobile operator. Of course the iPhone will be significantly cheaper, and so will the Galaxy Nexus when the price is revealed.

Please who's the one in denial. You've said that at this price the Galaxy Nexus is overpriced because can't compete with the superior iPhone 4S even though it's £64 more expensive. Yet, at £20 cheaper than the galaxy nexus, the pricing of the iPhone 4 is just right.

Also I'm not saying that the iPhone 4 is overpriced, as long as it sells it's the correct price. If the Galaxy Nexus then it also has the right price.

So give me your facts and point to a single thread where I bashed and Apple product. Thought so...

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]I know that you don't understand what fair is. And this is what you're failing at. The price of a Galaxy Nexus through a mobile operator has been revealed, but you want to compare the price of a sim locked version to one that is sold through a mobile operator. Of course the iPhone will be significantly cheaper, and so will the Galaxy Nexus when the price is revealed.Please who's the one in denial. You've said that at this price the Galaxy Nexus is overpriced because can't compete with the superior iPhone 4S even though it's £64 more expensive. Yet, at £20 cheaper than the galaxy nexus, the pricing of the iPhone 4 is just right.Also I'm not saying that the iPhone 4 is overpriced, as long as it sells it's the correct price. If the Galaxy Nexus then it also has the right price.So give me your facts and point to a single thread where I bashed and Apple product. Thought so...[/citation]

Wow wow wow, you're gradually losing the very little respect I had for you with your inability to understand basic logic.

Lets lay it out for you, very clearly, so you don't get confused anymore:

1 - The normal ones amongst us were talking about the price of the Nexus, vs other modern smartphones such as iPhone 4S, Galaxy S2, etc.
2 - I say that the iPhone 4S is more, but you get a lot more for your money.
3 - You then come in ranting about a phone which is 17 months old kicking off saying it is the SAME price as the Nexus, and is so overpriced.
4 - I correct you, by informing you that you can get it cheaper Tesco as I linked.
5 - I also catered for the 'head in the sand' scenario where you denied reality, by proving that even from the same company (Amazon) sim free, it's less, proving you factually incorrect either way.
6 - You then deny criticising the iPhone 4 (R O F L)
7 - You go on about 'fair' comparisons, well if your idea of 'Fair' is describing a phone which is available to buy right now, and is £20 cheaper even now (at a maximum price), as the 'same price' as a phone which is at least £20 more expensive and isn't even out for 2 weeks, then I lose any faith in your judgement.
8 - You claim I said that the iPhone 4 is 'just right' - sorry but that's the point where I just thought 'wow, this guy is ACTUALLY a bit 'special'.

So lets be very clear.

YOU stated, factually, that the iPhone 4 is the same price as the Nexus Prime.
YOU stated, with no prior discussion about the iPhone 4, that it is overpriced.
YOU stated, that I've said that the pricing of the iPhone 4 is 'just right'

You are 100% incorrect on EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE CLAIMS.

The iPhone 4 is NOT the same price, whether or not you choose to ignore the reality of the situation. Comparing like for like on Amazon, it's £20 cheaper, absolutely fair, no issues whatsoever. How can you possibly therefore conclude that it's the same price. And remember, YOU made the original claim about price, not me, so the burden of proof is on you. YOU have to prove that the Nexus is the same price as the iPhone 4. You haven't, because you can't, because it isn't. You try to criticise MY point by saying that the Nexus hasn't been priced on equivalent Tesco pricing yet, but THAT PROVES YOUR ENTIRE POINT WRONG ALL ALONG. If you claim we don't know the prices yet, how can you possibly stand by the whole point of yours that the Nexus is the same price as the iPhone 4? You make a mockery of yourself, really. What's more, the fact that it's priced lower sim-free, suggest that it's more likely that the Nexus is priced higher than the iPhone 4 if it ever makes its way to Tesco too, rendering your next illogical argument completely flawed. And then you dare to say anyone else is in denial? R O F L.

[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]Also I'm not saying that the iPhone 4 is overpriced, as long as it sells it's the correct price[/citation]

... earlier that day...

[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]So you're saying that iPhone 4 is also overpriced? Because the iPhone 4 16GB costs the exact same price as the Galaxy Nexus 16GB. The big difference is that the Galaxy Nexus comes with a 1.2GHz dual core Cortex-A9, a PowerVR SGX540 and 1GB or RAM as opposed to the IPhone 4 that has a underclocked 1GZ single core Cortex-A8, a PowerVR SGX 535, and 512 MB of RAM[/citation]

... later that day...

[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]
So give me your facts and point to a single thread where I bashed and Apple product. Thought so...[/citation]

.... um, bless. LOL.

So now you're even denying that you said the iPhone is overpriced? That is beyond ridiculous, even taking into account your series of other failures. So do you therefore think that the iPhone 4 represents good value?

You then imply that I've said ANYTHING whatsoever about whether the iPhone 4 is good value or not. Well guess what, my misinformed friend, I haven't commented on the relative value for money of the iPhone 4 once. Not once. Not at all. YOU have. And that's why YOU'RE the hater, and I'm just a guy who's correcting people who make ridiculous claims like 'It's the same price', before saying '£20 is nothing' and then the icing on the cake 'we dont know the price for the nexus yet'. I mean could you fail any more, seriously?

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]Wow wow wow, you're gradually losing the very little respect I had for you with your inability to understand basic logic.Lets lay it out for you, very clearly, so you don't get confused anymore:1 - The normal ones amongst us were talking about the price of the Nexus, vs other modern smartphones such as iPhone 4S, Galaxy S2, etc. 2 - I say that the iPhone 4S is more, but you get a lot more for your money.3 - You then come in ranting about a phone which is 17 months old kicking off saying it is the SAME price as the Nexus, and is so overpriced.4 - I correct you, by informing you that you can get it cheaper Tesco as I linked.5 - I also catered for the 'head in the sand' scenario where you denied reality, by proving that even from the same company (Amazon) sim free, it's less, proving you factually incorrect either way.6 - You then deny criticising the iPhone 4 (R O F L)7 - You go on about 'fair' comparisons, well if your idea of 'Fair' is describing a phone which is available to buy right now, and is £20 cheaper even now (at a maximum price), as the 'same price' as a phone which is at least £20 more expensive and isn't even out for 2 weeks, then I lose any faith in your judgement.8 - You claim I said that the iPhone 4 is 'just right' - sorry but that's the point where I just thought 'wow, this guy is ACTUALLY a bit 'special'.So lets be very clear.YOU stated, factually, that the iPhone 4 is the same price as the Nexus Prime. YOU stated, with no prior discussion about the iPhone 4, that it is overpriced.YOU stated, that I've said that the pricing of the iPhone 4 is 'just right'You are 100% incorrect on EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE CLAIMS.The iPhone 4 is NOT the same price, whether or not you choose to ignore the reality of the situation. Comparing like for like on Amazon, it's £20 cheaper, absolutely fair, no issues whatsoever. How can you possibly therefore conclude that it's the same price. And remember, YOU made the original claim about price, not me, so the burden of proof is on you. YOU have to prove that the Nexus is the same price as the iPhone 4. You haven't, because you can't, because it isn't. You try to criticise MY point by saying that the Nexus hasn't been priced on equivalent Tesco pricing yet, but THAT PROVES YOUR ENTIRE POINT WRONG ALL ALONG. If you claim we don't know the prices yet, how can you possibly stand by the whole point of yours that the Nexus is the same price as the iPhone 4? You make a mockery of yourself, really. What's more, the fact that it's priced lower sim-free, suggest that it's more likely that the Nexus is priced higher than the iPhone 4 if it ever makes its way to Tesco too, rendering your next illogical argument completely flawed. And then you dare to say anyone else is in denial? R O F L.... earlier that day...... later that day....... um, bless. LOL.So now you're even denying that you said the iPhone is overpriced? That is beyond ridiculous, even taking into account your series of other failures. So do you therefore think that the iPhone 4 represents good value?You then imply that I've said ANYTHING whatsoever about whether the iPhone 4 is good value or not. Well guess what, my misinformed friend, I haven't commented on the relative value for money of the iPhone 4 once. Not once. Not at all. YOU have. And that's why YOU'RE the hater, and I'm just a guy who's correcting people who make ridiculous claims like 'It's the same price', before saying '£20 is nothing' and then the icing on the cake 'we dont know the price for the nexus yet'. I mean could you fail any more, seriously?[/citation]
First you should learn how to read. I never stated the iPhone 4 is overpriced, cheap or whatever. I stated what I suppose your opinion is on the price of the iPhone 4, which supposedly is overpriced, since it costs almost the same as a Galaxy Nexus, specially considering that the galaxy nexus has the iPhone 4 beat in terms of hardware. So I'm still awaiting the fact that I bashed Apple.

And so to end this nonsense you were right the iPhone 4 is cheaper than the Galaxy Nexus. The difference is just £20 (3.8%), but whatever...

The price from Tesco Mobile is irrelevant unless you can provide the price of a galaxy nexus from a mobile operator with the same conditions as the iPhone 4 is Tesco Mobile. Since you don't and the only available price of the Galaxy Nexus belongs to the sim free version to keep a comparison fair you can only compare it to a sim free version of another phone.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]First you should learn how to read. I never stated the iPhone 4 is overpriced, cheap or whatever. I stated what I suppose your opinion is on the price of the iPhone 4, which supposedly is overpriced, since it costs almost the same as a Galaxy Nexus, specially considering that the galaxy nexus has the iPhone 4 beat in terms of hardware. So I'm still awaiting the fact that I bashed Apple.And so to end this nonsense you were right the iPhone 4 is cheaper than the Galaxy Nexus. The difference is just £20 (3.8%), but whatever...The price from Tesco Mobile is irrelevant unless you can provide the price of a galaxy nexus from a mobile operator with the same conditions as the iPhone 4 is Tesco Mobile. Since you don't and the only available price of the Galaxy Nexus belongs to the sim free version to keep a comparison fair you can only compare it to a sim free version of another phone.[/citation]

You claim you never stated the iPhone 4 is overpriced. But you know, as well as I do, that you did.

Simply read this quote, and before you do, bear in mind I had not made any mention whatsoever of the iPhone 4, its price, or it's value for money....

[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]
So you're saying that iPhone 4 is also overpriced? Because the iPhone 4 16GB costs the exact same price as the Galaxy Nexus 16GB. The big difference is that the Galaxy Nexus comes with a 1.2GHz dual core Cortex-A9, a PowerVR SGX540 and 1GB or RAM as opposed to the IPhone 4 that has a underclocked 1GZ single core Cortex-A8, a PowerVR SGX 535, and 512 MB of RAM
[/citation]

You, right there, are DIRECTLY drawing conclusions all of your own accord. Just because you began the sentence with 'So you're saying' does not mean you can deny all knowledge of what YOU said, which bore no resemblance to what anyone else on the thread said. That sentence, the one I quoted YOU saying, IS Apple bashing, to anybody who actually understands words. It does NOT rely on the premise that I said the Nexus is overpriced, to be an Apple bashing statement - it stands alone as a fully independent apple-bashing statement. YOU are saying that two phones are the same price, and that one has better specifications. That could not be a clearer criticism. Seriously. To deny it was a criticism is simply that, denial. With or without the subsequent proof of it being factually incorrect.

Now, all that I have been saying along is that the iPhone 4 is not the same price, so you're right, the discussion ends here with an outcome favouring the logically correct (me). 4% is a lot of money. Ask any company to reduce all their phones by 4% see if they think it doesn't matter. Bottom line, it's cheaper, and it's available now.

Tesco is ABSOLUTELY relevant, because RIGHT NOW, I can't buy the Nexus from Tesco. However, right now, I CAN buy the iPhone 4 from Tesco, and I CAN have it sim-free for under £500. that is just reality. I can actually do that. If I wanted to buy either phone, right now, the iPhone 4 is cheaper. That is just an undeniable fact. You say it's unfair because the Nexus isn't available on Tesco yet, I say that's the whole point - it's not available yet, and that means there are less attractive options. That's the reality of the shopper shopping today. Perhaps when Tesco stock the Nexus they will reduce the iPhone anyway, but that's all in the future and complete guesswork.

You're trying to remove variables in a world which doesn't ignore them. I'm bringing you back to reality.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]You claim you never stated the iPhone 4 is overpriced. But you know, as well as I do, that you did.Simply read this quote, and before you do, bear in mind I had not made any mention whatsoever of the iPhone 4, its price, or it's value for money....You, right there, are DIRECTLY drawing conclusions all of your own accord. Just because you began the sentence with 'So you're saying' does not mean you can deny all knowledge of what YOU said, which bore no resemblance to what anyone else on the thread said. That sentence, the one I quoted YOU saying, IS Apple bashing, to anybody who actually understands words. It does NOT rely on the premise that I said the Nexus is overpriced, to be an Apple bashing statement - it stands alone as a fully independent apple-bashing statement. YOU are saying that two phones are the same price, and that one has better specifications. That could not be a clearer criticism. Seriously. To deny it was a criticism is simply that, denial. With or without the subsequent proof of it being factually incorrect.[/citation]
Dear lord. No one even mentioned on this post that the iPhone 4/4S is overpriced or anything. You're the one that mentioned that at that price the galaxy nexus is overpriced when compared to the price of the iPhone 4S because it had worse specs. The only inference I made was that you also think that the iPhone 4 is also overpriced. Please don't twist my words.
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]Now, all that I have been saying along is that the iPhone 4 is not the same price, so you're right, the discussion ends here with an outcome favouring the logically correct (me). 4% is a lot of money. Ask any company to reduce all their phones by 4% see if they think it doesn't matter. Bottom line, it's cheaper, and it's available now.[/citation]
Most people would understand my original meaning which was they're basically the same price. Next time I will be more precise with my words so that their meaning doesn't get lost.
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]Tesco is ABSOLUTELY relevant, because RIGHT NOW, I can't buy the Nexus from Tesco. However, right now, I CAN buy the iPhone 4 from Tesco, and I CAN have it sim-free for under £500. that is just reality. I can actually do that. If I wanted to buy either phone, right now, the iPhone 4 is cheaper. That is just an undeniable fact. You say it's unfair because the Nexus isn't available on Tesco yet, I say that's the whole point - it's not available yet, and that means there are less attractive options. That's the reality of the shopper shopping today. Perhaps when Tesco stock the Nexus they will reduce the iPhone anyway, but that's all in the future and complete guesswork.You're trying to remove variables in a world which doesn't ignore them. I'm bringing you back to reality.[/citation]
Do you even know what's the meaning of sim free? The iPhone 4 being sold from Tesco is not sim free.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]Dear lord. No one even mentioned on this post that the iPhone 4/4S is overpriced or anything. [/citation]

[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]So you're saying that iPhone 4 is also overpriced? Because the iPhone 4 16GB costs the exact same price as the Galaxy Nexus 16GB. The big difference is that the Galaxy Nexus comes with a 1.2GHz dual core Cortex-A9, a PowerVR SGX540 and 1GB or RAM as opposed to the IPhone 4 that has a underclocked 1GZ single core Cortex-A8, a PowerVR SGX 535, and 512 MB of RAM[/citation]

Trying to claim that sentence doesn't say that the iPhone 4 is overpriced, is... what makes you so special.

[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]You're the one that mentioned that at that price the galaxy nexus is overpriced when compared to the price of the iPhone 4S because it had worse specs.[/citation]

Yes, yes I did. Relevance?

[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]The only inference I made was that you also think that the iPhone 4 is also overpriced. Please don't twist my words.[/citation]

Keyword being that YOU made the inference, I didn't say it, YOU did. It makes no sense at all to derive anything about the iPhone 4 when I was talking about the iPhone 4S.

[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]Most people would understand my original meaning which was they're basically the same price. [/citation]

I am VERY confident that ANYONE reading your comment would see it as you arguing that the iPhone 4 is overpriced. You specifically stated they are 'EXACTLY the same price' and proceeded to try and highlight specifications which were weaker in the iPhone 4. It's clear as day, and it's absolutely ridiculous that you don't get it. The only incorrect conclusion they may get is that because you started with 'So you're saying' that it represented in any way, shape or form, something that I had said before. Which it didn't.

[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]Next time I will be more precise with my words so that their meaning doesn't get lost.[/citation]

Good idea. I like precision.

[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]Do you even know what's the meaning of sim free? The iPhone 4 being sold from Tesco is not sim free.[/citation]

I'm gathering from this sentence (and your name) that English is not your first language. In fairness to you, perhaps that explains some of the disconnect?

I can buy the phone from Tesco, and get them to unlock it, to become Sim free, for £495. That's if I use their official service (and claim the store credit £4.80 back). I can do it for a total of £480 if I get my new sim provider to do it for me free, for example o2. Like I've explained to you. A lot. With links. And explanation.

Dunno why you can't grasp it, to be honest. But it's all irrelevant anyway because I don't need the Tesco reality to prove my point that it's cheaper. It's cheaper even from Amazon.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]Trying to claim that sentence doesn't say that the iPhone 4 is overpriced, is... what makes you so special.[/citation]
No it doesn't claim anything, and I beginning to doubt your reading skills. It's a question to you. Do you think the iPhone 4 is overpriced?
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]I am VERY confident that ANYONE reading your comment would see it as you arguing that the iPhone 4 is overpriced. You specifically stated they are 'EXACTLY the same price' and proceeded to try and highlight specifications which were weaker in the iPhone 4. It's clear as day, and it's absolutely ridiculous that you don't get it. The only incorrect conclusion they may get is that because you started with 'So you're saying' that it represented in any way, shape or form, something that I had said before. Which it didn't.[/citation]
In a wait you did say it. You claimed that the Galaxy Nexus is overpriced because it's weaker than the iPhone 4S even if the latter is £64 more expensive. So the also weaker iPhone 4 (when comparing to the Galaxy Nexus) that is £20 cheaper using YOUR logic it's also overpriced.

Also as I stated in my original post I think the Galaxy Nexus is overpriced. Not because the price of the iPhone 4S, they're different ecosystems, but because of the Galaxy S II that is better and cheaper.
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]I'm gathering from this sentence (and your name) that English is not your first language. In fairness to you, perhaps that explains some of the disconnect?I can buy the phone from Tesco, and get them to unlock it, to become Sim free, for £495. That's if I use their official service (and claim the store credit £4.80 back). I can do it for a total of £480 if I get my new sim provider to do it for me free, for example o2. Like I've explained to you. A lot. With links. And explanation.Dunno why you can't grasp it, to be honest. But it's all irrelevant anyway because I don't need the Tesco reality to prove my point that it's cheaper. It's cheaper even from Amazon.[/citation]
Even though my nickname has nothing to do with my native language, no, English it's not my first language.

I know you can buy a phone to the mobile operator and have it unlocked and the price will be significantly cheaper than buying one that is sim free from the very beginning. And like I stated the only available pricing on the Galaxy Nexus is from a sim free version not attached to any network, so to keep things fair price comparisons can only be made with phones with the same conditions. This is why the Tesco price is irrelevant. When the phone becomes available through mobile operators then you can compare prices to other mobile operators.

Also don't even bother responding I know that your Apple fanaticism will pervert the meaning of my every single word.

When you loose you fanatic goggles then we can talk, then you will realize that there are tons of people that enjoy Apple products for what they are without the blindness introduced by fanboyism.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]No it doesn't claim anything, and I beginning to doubt your reading skills. It's a question to you. Do you think the iPhone 4 is overpriced?[/citation]

I think you don't understand english properly.

So you're saying that I'm completely right and you're completely wrong because everything I have said is correct and everything you have said is wrong.

See what I did there? I started with 'So you're saying' (which would normally be a question) but then I continued to argue the point without you having said anything of the sort. Now, if I was you, I would now claim that I didn't say I was right, I was just asking you. Do you see the logical fail now? It's obvious to anyone that that comments is me saying I'm right, because I go on to MAKE THE POINTS myself. And that is the key you missed (and continue to miss, bizarrely).

[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]In a wait you did say it. You claimed that the Galaxy Nexus is overpriced because it's weaker than the iPhone 4S even if the latter is £64 more expensive. So the also weaker iPhone 4 (when comparing to the Galaxy Nexus) that is £20 cheaper using YOUR logic it's also overpriced.[/citation]

That does not follow, in any way, shape or form. I think basic logic escapes you. I said that in my opinion, the Nexus is overpriced even if it were cheaper than the iPhone 4S because the extra hardware you get in the iPhone 4S more than makes up for that shortfall.

YOU then said that the iPhone 4 is 'the exact same price' as the Nexus. It isn't.

YOU then said that the iPhone 4 (which is more than £20 cheaper, by the way) is therefore overpriced? That makes no sense, whatsoever. I did not quantity, in any way, shape or form, any of my opinion on the VALUE difference between the iPhone 4 or Nexus. I did not apportion ANY value to that difference in hardware. Anywhere. Just because I think that the leap between the iPhone 4S and the Nexus justifies X, does not mean IN ANY WAY that you can reach any conclusions whatsoever about my perception of the gap in hardware between the iPhone 4 and the Nexus. You cannot do that at all, logically. To make this point abundantly clear, lets take 3 phones. X, Y and Z. X is 'performance rating' 1.1, Y is performance rating 1.2, Z is performance rating 5.0. If I then say that Y is overpriced even if it costs less than Z, because of the massive performance difference, that says NOTHING whatsoever about X relative to Y. And before you say 'the reality is different than 1.1, 1.2, 5.0, before you make that next (predictable) logical failure, bear in mind that you're now trying to tell me what MY OPINIONS were, and what conclusions can be drawn from MY comment. So whether you disagree on that or not is completely irrelevant.

The reality of the situation is that I believe the iPhone 4S represents a massive leap over the Nexus, hardware wise, and the Nexus is overpriced for what it is. Even to right now, I still have not commented on the iPhone 4 value. At all. Not once, and I have not stated anything which can lead you to any conclusions about what I think of the iPhone 4 value.

The simple, false, inaccurate (downright wrong) claim of yours that the iPhone 4 is the same price, is what I've objected to all along (and been proven right). I have also objected to your claim that my comment in any way says anything about the iPhone 4. Those are both unavoidable facts, which prove me right. Whether I do or do not think the iPhone 4 is overpriced is completely, absolutely, irrelevant, since it is the claim itself that I reject, not necessarily its content.

[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]Also as I stated in my original post I think the Galaxy Nexus is overpriced. Not because the price of the iPhone 4S, they're different ecosystems, but because of the Galaxy S II that is better and cheaper.Even though my nickname has nothing to do with my native language, no, English it's not my first language.[/citation]

I don't care if you think the Nexus is overpriced. We're not discussing that. And I maintain that your lack of English as a first language is the main cause here for your complete misunderstanding.

[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]I know you can buy a phone to the mobile operator and have it unlocked and the price will be significantly cheaper than buying one that is sim free from the very beginning. And like I stated the only available pricing on the Galaxy Nexus is from a sim free version not attached to any network, so to keep things fair price comparisons can only be made with phones with the same conditions. This is why the Tesco price is irrelevant. When the phone becomes available through mobile operators then you can compare prices to other mobile operators.Also don't even bother responding I know that your Apple fanaticism will pervert the meaning of my every single word.When you loose you fanatic goggles then we can talk, then you will realize that there are tons of people that enjoy Apple products for what they are without the blindness introduced by fanboyism.[/citation]

The comment I made about the price of the iPhone 4 did not specify, at all, that it should be sim-free. So if anyone failed to read anyones post, it's you. I never stated sim-free, you did, in reply to MY comment, so you got it wrong.

Even putting that aside, I can buy, right now, a sim free iphone 4 for less than £500. You should re-read that sentence, a few times. Because that is a fact. It's an undeniable truth. But your whole argument depends on it being not true. Sorry, but reality catches up with you. I can NOT buy a Nexus Prime, anywhere, for less than £549. That is another undeniable truth. Both of those truths end this argument for anyone who has a brain.

If a phone isn't available from Tesco, than you're damn right you can't compare prices of Tesco vs Tesco, because it's not an option - and that is a weakness in the product which doesn't make itself available at a competitive store at a competitive price. The point where you fail, is you fail to realise that buyers can't just ignore the fact that one phone is available at Tesco and the other isn't. The reality to any buyer, right now, is that they have to pay extra to get the Nexus Prime, and not just £20. £50. 10% on top of the Tesco price. You saying that you have to compare 'like for like' only works if there IS a like for like. And there isn't. You are trying to artificially remove a fundamental variable when it comes to buying a phone - whether you can get it from a good value store or not. You can head-in-the-sand ignore it all you like, but for buyers they just want to know which they can buy cheapest. You can bang on all day to them about 'The Nexus isn't available at Tesco yet' and they will reply 'well why would I buy it then?'.

What you're REALLY doing is saying everybody should wait until the future. You're claiming that you know the iPhone 4 will stay the same price, you're claiming that the Nexus will be at Tesco for the 'exact same price' - at some point in the future. You don't know any of this. You're not making a comparison, you're making guesses, and trying to use that to disprove cold, hard facts of reality. Sorry, but you failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.