Galaxy Note 8 vs Galaxy S8: Here's How They'll Be Different

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewin11

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017
Main difference between Note 8 and S8+ are 2gb RAM, smaller battery, 1 extra camera, S Pen. Is that all worth $300?? That's the real question.

bubbajones

Prominent
Aug 26, 2017
DREWIN11, agree with you, it is not worth the extra $300-ish. For some users into one upmanship and inflating their ego it well may be worth it. My question is "will that extra $300 translate to higher productivity, earning more money", answer is a resounding no. Thus, until it dies I will continue using my present two year old flagship. My previous flagship phone I had for over four years, when it died I purchased the one I now have.

guardianali

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2014
S8 Plus 64gig is 850
Note 8 65gig is 950...

it is NOT a 300 dollar difference.

S pen is actually a huge productivity increase. Its not just a gimmick where the pen is nothing more than a replaced finger....the entire OS has been updated from the non-pen S8 to actually fully utilize it. Its not a gimmick put ACTUALLY useful.
The screen is wider and less tall...which is SO MUCH better.
More ram is a HUGE plus in OS and app smoothness.
The second camera has optical zoom x2 AND unlike other phones with two cameras, included OIS.

Is all the worth a ONE hundred dollar difference...yes.

elvinocasio1

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017
I was excited to upgrade my Note 5 to the new Note 8, after looking at the specs and comparing between the Note 5 and S8+ my first option will be to keep the Note 5 longer, the upgrades and features in the new Note 8 does not justify the price tag, I rather upgrade to the S8+ that only have a slightly disadvantage in performance how ever the S8+ have the same Ram so it does not bother me the disadvantage and for the price tag the S8+ is a no brainer. I said that you have two options of you are looking to upgrade your Note 5 or any other phone. 1. Note 5 users - Stay with the Note 5 and wait for the next Note or go for the S8+. 2. Other phone users, the S8+ is a no brainer go for it, you will love it. For Samsung - Today 8/28/2017 I declared another Note effort of FAIL, get your act together an bring real upgrades, I been a loyal Samsung customer for the last 10 yrs. from Cellphones to TV Screens, tablets, etc., they all are great but you are failing to bring back the Rhino of the phones. The Note 5, S8+ are great hits, give me a Note 9 that I cant resist to buy it with real upgrades, a step up from the rest.

elvinocasio1

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017
@guardianali - Im a photographer for hobby and in the last yr. I been learning how to handle the Note 5 camera and manipulate to the point that none or minimum digital adjustment is needed, that being said the dual camera with less pixels is just a feature not an upgrade, a 20 MPX is an upgrade, Stop drinking that cool aid this people put up in this pages. The pencil is not for everyone and for those that use the pencil it is an upgrade however does not justify some of the high price tag. S8+ is the best option for must of the users. M2C

Stakeout

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2013
if that's all this article can add to the differences is that the Note 8 is easier to hold.. c'mon.. 99% of the users of these type phones put a case on them.. so that knocks that out... either of these phones for me is a deal-breaker why CURVED edges.. for what they serve NO useful purpose NONE as in zilch..squat.. just another samsung gimmick is all.. like curved screen TV's and 3d TV's are they still around.. a sucker born every minute..

LamoidZombieDog

Commendable
Jan 27, 2017
bubbajones
drewin11
sushi_burger

it does have a speaker, if it didnt samsung would be an idiot no one would buy it xD

as for you 2
2GB of ram more
longer Lasting battery
more efficient
Optical zoom
first time ever optical stable
better in OS features
S Pen
Bigger screen
2K Screen
infinity display
higher quality feel
higher quality speakers
Allows up to 256GB MicroSD expansion
+ more

the phone is the best one out
its worth way over 300 extra
defidently a good purchase
glad i preordered it

Stakeout

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2013

they 'skinnied' the phone with those curved edges--junk ..ruined a great phone is all I can say..

vormoszx

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017
Comparison should be between 6gb ram variants or both mobiles. Which are now available. S8+ has 1000 nits brightness with 3500mAh battery which is gonna last much longer on max brightness than note 8 with 1200 nits brightness with 3000mAh battery. Nonetheless, the dual camera, wider screen and it's future applications make note 8 a better phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.