Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone 8: How Will They Compare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlavizzo

Prominent
Sep 25, 2017
"Why the Note 8 is better!"

**iphone wins in almost every category plus is cheaper**

"So there you have it. But a Note 8!"

itsallaboutafnan

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017
i am a samsung user since 4-5 years and very satisfied with it, now when we come to android vs iphone fight, i think companies should understand now that now iphone is not about phone anymore it has reached to a level of status for people, 100 feaures vs 0 features n still iphone users will buy it coz its a iphone, its like people will always prefer rolex over any other watch as it in different class .

mpstan01

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017
I'm looking to upgrade my Note 4; trying to decide between Note 8, which appears slightly unwieldly, and an 8 Plus or even iPhone X. I'm pretty immersed in Google, so if I went iOS I'd strip as much as I could and work mostly in a Google ecosystem. Love the size and speed of the iPhones; love the company and service. Very little discussion on iPhone users that mostly use Google Apps. Thoughts anyone??

Rataan

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
He didn't mention some of the best features of the iPhone. First, you get frequent and timely OS updates. Only Google branded phones are comparable on this critical point. Samsung phones get updates slow and late. Even older iPhones continue to get updates, increasing their potential longevity and value. Second, the absence of bloatware. The Samsung skin is pointless now that stock Android is so good, and Samsung phones are notorious for the presence of pointless gadgets and bloatware. Last but not least, the app experience is generally better on iPhone, with the possible exception of hardware utilities where Android seems to have the edge.

aventadorxs

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017

I'm in the same boat as you buddy. Been a Note 4 user for over 2 years now partly due to the Note 7 disaster and I'm also looking at the Note 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X as my next device. I'm not as deeply ingrained in Google as others, but I still depend on Google a fair amount. My take on the whole situation would be to find out what you are definitely tied to (Gmail, Photos, etc.) and hold on to those, while playing around with Apple services that you may find more desirable than Google's offering (i.e. Apple Music would be a good example for me).

thanhtat76

Prominent
Nov 3, 2017
Someone said about the apple timely ioS update as a possitive, for me it is a negative. From my experience, apple often release a software update when they have new phone coming out, but this new update always do more ham than good for the old iphone. I think there is going on here because after upgrading, my iphone would drain the batery faster, run slower and some other issues, to the point i started thinking of buying the new iphone altogether. And it not happenned once...My advice is, if your iphone still working normal, dont be tempted to upgrade to the new iOS. At the end of the day, most of the advertised features in the new iOS you will not use it or see it but one thing it does for sure, making you buy a new phone again...

Status
Not open for further replies.