Galaxy S3 vs HTC One?! Please Help!!

Would you choose the S3 or the newer HTC One?

• Get the HTC One dummy!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Galaxy S3--it's not worth the switch

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

trancetunes

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
Hi, I currently own a Galaxy S3 (1.5 GHz dual core version). I have an opportunity to get a brand new HTC One (the s3 was purchased in December 2012). The headphone jack on my S3 recently went bad, and now that this opportunity came up, I figured maybe I should take advantage of it...

I am having trouble making a sure decision because I know other HTC phones go to shit after a while. I seriously love my s3, it has a bigger screen, it seems to be more customizable etc..

I've done the research and I can see that even though HTC has a 4.1 MP camera, it's still comparable to the 8MP on the S3. It's just that zooming on distant items in pictures the s3 does retain quality because of the higher MP. On the other hand, the HTC display has full 1080p, while S3 is 720p apparently..

The HTC will be 32 gb so I don't care about the missing SD slot. I should be fine with a fixed battery because I know how to take care of charging etc..(always unplug as it hits 100% etc)...

Anyone knowledgeable about these two devices, I would really appreciate an opinion...

Would you get the brand new HTC because of how comparable it is? Not to mention its brand new and the headphone jack would be working...

OR would you stay with the S3 because of how awesome it is anyway, and really not far behind on the HTC One...(but again, headphone jack IS broken..hmmm)

HELP?!

hi there.i would go for htc one for the sake of build quality.its sturdy and feel good to hold compare to the plastic build of s3.htc might have a 4.1 camera but its not in megapixel.its ultra pixel.and the sound quality in top notch on the htc speaker(loud as well).also take not that htc one is faster than the s3(1.7ghz quadcore with 2 gb of ram).my vote goes for htc one.(also the one in red is just beautiful).where i live samsung phone is just way overrated.most people already jump ship to better build phone like sony and htc.

trancetunes

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009

Wifi randomly dropping with several customers, and upon further research I saw that HTC wasn't providing support for the problem even though it was big enough to end up online in HTC forums etc..I wish I had the links still sorry about that, but I can assure you I was fully ready to switch from the S3. The only aspect of the HTC one that is better in my opinion would be the camera. Even that is arguable according to preference, though. The processor is better, but not many people would actually take advantage of the difference in applications..I haven't had any processor speed issues with my S3..

My boss made the switch, and said it was all fine.. Later his phone would start turning off randomly and he got so fed up with it that he went and bought an S4.

These impressions made me happy that I kept my S3. It's an amazing smart phone; and when it comes to Android OS, Samsung has really nailed it out of all the brands in my opinion.