Galaxy s4mini reboot / restart.

Feb 8, 2018
on restart or reboot my galaxy s4mini does not recognise my sd card hence the apps on the card do not work and i cannot see data....

Solution
Hmm then it sounds like there may be a problem with the phone itself, a.k.a. the hardware. I would very carefully check to see if the card sits in there loose at all, which could make it not register correctly, or if there is anything bend in the port.
If the phone was reset, hard or factory reset, then it will not be able to access the data on that SD card anymore. When it is set up to run apps it is encoded so that only that device can read it. When you reset the device (not restart but reset) then it won't ever be able to read the encoded data again. It is about like trying to use the card in another device.

Now if you didn't reset the device, what was it that occurred prior to it stopping accepting the card?

Feb 8, 2018

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I have confused you with my terminology. The card was installed but if the phone was either 'Restart' or 'Power Off' or battery goes flat when started afterwards the apps running on the SD Card are 'greyed out' and the card is not visible hence all data appears missing. The options are to mount the card but this forces the card to be formatted.

Hmm then it sounds like there may be a problem with the phone itself, a.k.a. the hardware. I would very carefully check to see if the card sits in there loose at all, which could make it not register correctly, or if there is anything bend in the port.

Solution