Galaxy S7 Screen Problems

lakeshorewest513

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
Good morning, all.

Hoping someone can help me with my problem. I have a Galaxy S7, and a month or so ago a problem began with the screen. Often (usually when I am outside, particularly on a sunnier day) this issue occurs. It starts by having the top fifth or so of the screen remaining its proper brightness, but the bottom four fifths becoming quite a bit darker. As time goes on the problem gets worse, with the bottom portion getting darker still and/or flickering in brightness. Eventually the bottom section will be almost completely dark and effectively impossible to use.

I have lurked around and found some possible solutions (disabling adaptive brightness, 'Force GPU rendering') but nothing has worked so far.

I am hoping someone here has an early Christmas miracle that will help me with this!!

Thank you,

Solution
Either the LCD panel has become dislodged from the board (which can be reseated by a fone shop repair guy ... or the panel is damaged and needs to be replaced.

Take it to a shop and get them to take a look.

But first ... explore the fone warranty.

:)
Either the LCD panel has become dislodged from the board (which can be reseated by a fone shop repair guy ... or the panel is damaged and needs to be replaced.

Take it to a shop and get them to take a look.

But first ... explore the fone warranty.

:)

Solution