Galaxy Tab 2 ext sdcard

Arthur_23

Estimable
Jul 20, 2016
when trying to copy photos to sd card keep getting message "waiting- GT-P3110 is busy" and nothing happens. Any ideas why please

Solution
It is quite odd that it won't allow the photos. It is good to save them to a computer, so they are not as easily lost, however the card should accept them. Have you tried a different sd card to see if they will move to it? I am wondering if it is card specific at this point or something to do with the images.
Will anything move over to the card? Try an individual file and see if it will. If not, then there may be a problem with the card, or there may not be enough room.

Another way to try and move photos, music, videos, etc. over to a SD card would be to plug the tablet into a computer, via USB, and do the moving through the computer, rather than through the tablet. It will give you the option to move more at a time, and also to check the SD card to make sure there is nothing wrong with it, or that it is to full.

Arthur_23

Estimable
Jul 20, 2016

Arthur_23

Estimable
Jul 20, 2016
Thanks for reply, Everything you suggest has been done. I should have said in my first question that the tablet was connected to my PC. I have done a select all then copy to sd card but every time get same response. The card has music files on but is nowhere near full.

Did you check to make sure the card isn't set to lock? That would stop the transfer.

Also, have you tried clearing off the card (move the files to the computer), formatting it, and then trying to move them over? If that doesn't work, there may be a problem with the card.

Arthur_23

Estimable
Jul 20, 2016

Arthur_23

Estimable
Jul 20, 2016

Arthur_23

Estimable
Jul 20, 2016
The card is not set to lock. I have formatted as suggested but still have same problem with photos but I can copy music file to same card. Very strange. I think my best solution is to move all my photos from tablet to my PC and save on a DVD. Thanks for all your help.

It is quite odd that it won't allow the photos. It is good to save them to a computer, so they are not as easily lost, however the card should accept them. Have you tried a different sd card to see if they will move to it? I am wondering if it is card specific at this point or something to do with the images.

Solution

Arthur_23

Estimable
Jul 20, 2016

Arthur_23

Estimable
Jul 20, 2016
Hi webworkings, I think problem solved. I did as you suggested and purchased another card. On first trial to copy photos from tablet to card same problem however copied with no problem the same photos I had transferred to PC. Copied music the same way. The photos stored on tablet must somehow become corrupted on trying to copy, but all seems a bit strange. Thanks again for your patient help.