Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 can't run Pokémon GO?

Goten13

Estimable
Jan 12, 2016
According to the Niantic website, my tablet should have no problem running Pokémon GO, however it says my device isn't compatible in the android market! What gives? Anyone else having this issue?

I running :
Android 4.4.2
Qualcomm 2.3ghz cpu
2GB ram

Solution

after checking the detailed info it states the app is optimized for smartphones and cannot guarentte compatibility with Wi-Fi only devices. here are the notes from the app in google play:

Notes:

- This app is...

dexxterlab97

Respectable
Jul 4, 2016

Because you need to be in US to get Pokemon GO

captaincharisma

Distinguished

1. pokemon go is available in other countries besides the U.S
2. it is possible that samsung tablet may not have features like GPS that Pokemon go needs

dexxterlab97

Respectable
Jul 4, 2016

i've been away then

Goten13

Estimable
Jan 12, 2016

1. I'm in the USA
2. My tablet has gps.

captaincharisma

Distinguished

after checking the detailed info it states the app is optimized for smartphones and cannot guarentte compatibility with Wi-Fi only devices. here are the notes from the app in google play:

Notes:

- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- Compatible with Android devices that have 2GB RAM or more and have Android Version 4.4 - 6.0 installed.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks
- Not compatible with Android devices that use Intel Atom processors.
- Compatibility with tablet devices is not guaranteed.
- Application may not run on certain devices even if they have compatible OS versions installed.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Please visit www.PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
- Information current as of July 5, 2016

Solution

Goten13

Estimable
Jan 12, 2016
It does actually run on android 4.4.2. Thats what I'm running, and is the latest OS this tab can run(officially copy). It wont allow it to download via the play store, but you can still acquire the APK. Which DOES work so long as you meet the other requirements. They just wont guarantee 100% comparability is all. Which is why I couldn't get it at the play store, I guess.

I downloaded the recent(at the time) APK and installed it. ALL updates work so far (0.33.0). SO, if you are like me, with this tablet, you will be just fine. At least until Niantic stops supporting Lollipop.

Pete4ellen

Commendable
Aug 19, 2016

Benson_6

Commendable
Sep 10, 2016