Galaxy tab will not turn on

yost

Estimable
Mar 19, 2015
My tablet is about about year old. I was just on my tablet one night and it turned off. I had just plugged it in and it just turned off. I have tried to charge it with multiple chargers but nothing works. When i try to turn it on, the main logo just flickers on the it goes back to a black screen. When i try the hard rest nothing works. What can I do to turn it on and use it but not loose anything i had on their?

paulsim99

Estimable
Mar 30, 2015

Same problem with my Samsung Tab S tablet. I read many answers in forums. I cannot take the back off my Samsung and disconnect the battery my as it is new and I do not want to lose the warranty. I thought about why disconnecting the battery works. I thought about why sometimes I have to unplug my Sky box and washing machine for 5 minutes to cure similar problems. So I thought it must be residual charge or something that has to be got rid of.
I plugged in the headphones. Waited a minute or two and got it to fire up using the soft reset system - press the off key and the volume key together and hold down. It worked.
It failed again a few weeks later and again would not fire up. Maybe I over charged it. I left the charger plugged in for 24 hours. The headphones did not work after half an hour. So I left the headphones in and plugged the Samsung USB cable into the USB slot of a computer that was not switched on. Then I left it and did something else. After one hour I came back and the tablet was back to normal. Fired up. All fine.
In future I shall not overcharge it. If it does go wrong I again I shall try the headphone / USB trick again and I'll bet it will work.

Good luck.

Paul