Game freezing in loading screen, chrome not responding

Jordan_88

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017
My asus gaming laptop has recently started being a pain and I don't know what's wrong.
I'll start from the beginning.
4 or 5 days ago now a game I play (path of exile) had got stuck in the loading screen, and chrome stopped responding at the same time. This became more frequent and I had to keep restarting for anything to run again. One of the mornings I could not load up anything requiring an Internet connection (steam, battlenet, path of exile, chrome, discord).
At this point I had put my problem on another tech help page. I had done lots of things that seemed to work for a good few hours before I had went to bed. I had cleared my chrome cache, disabled anything running in the background of my laptop except security, disabled everything that boots in start up except security, uninstalled useless apps, ran a full scan, checked chrome help and done typical tasks that usually stops it from responding. I've uninstalled and reinstalled chrome, ive tried using Firefox. Microsoft edge seemed to work better but it was VERY slow. That's all I can think of for now that I've done but nothing seems to be working, does anyone think this could be a problem that's going to cost money to fix, ram, WiFi card?
My laptop is fairly decent and has no problem running any game I play, especially path of exile which is the only one I've played recently.
I do not think this is an Internet provider problem either as every other device is totally fine.
Any help would be much appreciated I'm unsure of what to do next,
Thank you.