Game lag after factory reset (Windows 10)

tmdwls94

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
I own a low-budget gaming laptop and recently I did a factory reset. Ever since then, this game I play has been lagging (brief screen freezes). The lag only happens when I press a button specifically when I use skills, or whenever a message shows up in the in-game system message box. Holding down a skill button makes the game stutter pretty badly, but the game runs smoothly when I'm not pressing anything. I've tried to install nothing but the game after another factory reset but the lag was still there. The weird thing is that I do not see this issue in any of the other games that I play. What might be causing this? Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you!

Leonardl

Commendable
Mar 3, 2019
I have reset my Laptop a few months ago to get some storage space back. everything worked great for about 1 or 2 months but then every game started lagging every few seconds and losing frames. I have tried lowering the resolution, restarting the game, reinstalling it and even checked some settings on my graphics card. I noticed that not only games were laggy. even writing messages on steam had a bad time! Today I had enough so I did a nother reset and reinstalled some programms. It still lags like crazy and getting scared that I might need to buy a new laptop.

(Im sorry if I spelled something wrong. English is not my native language)