Game of Thrones is Most Downloaded TV Show of 2012

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

n1tr0

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
We ditched cable and now we pay-per-episode or per-streaming-service via Amazon and Netflix. I think content producers like HBO and AMC are idiots for not directly selling their episodes. This would be like Metallica not selling their music via iTunes.
The only thing the cable companies have going for them is their monopoly over the lines to our homes & buildings. I'd like to see a whole lot more anti-trust and racketeering (RICO) cases brought forth against the cable and telecom providers. The parceling up of cities and neighborhoods to protect their profits is a far bigger issue than a TV show being pirated.

n1tr0

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
We ditched cable and now we pay-per-episode or per-streaming-service via Amazon and Netflix. I think content producers like HBO and AMC are idiots for not directly selling their episodes. This would be like Metallica not selling their music via iTunes.
The only thing the cable companies have going for them is their monopoly over the lines to our homes & buildings. I'd like to see a whole lot more anti-trust and racketeering (RICO) cases brought forth against the cable and telecom providers. The parceling up of cities and neighborhoods to protect their profits is a far bigger issue than a TV show being pirated.

Status
Not open for further replies.