Gamescom 780s or Logitech G930?

refmon

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Really not experienced with them at all but my budget is around $100.

Someone told me the Plantronics GameCom 780 was pretty good but I stumbled across the Logitech G930 which costs $100 for just one more day. Do they compare at all or is one just better than the other? I don't think I'll have time to check it over before the end of the day so any help is great.

Here's the deal http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104399

Solution
The Plantronics GameCom 780 is wired. The Logitech G930 is wireless.

I would think they would sound fairly similar, although I have heard better things about the Plantronics in terms of sound quality. When I have using an old pair of G930's they didn't blow me away, but they sounded alright, although if turned up too high the low end would distort horribly. The G930's also aren't known for their reliable wireless signal. They are plagued with disconnecting and reconnecting fairly often.

If you don't care about having a wired headset, then I would grab the GameCom 780 over the G930's.

ttimberlak443

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
The Plantronics GameCom 780 is wired. The Logitech G930 is wireless.

I would think they would sound fairly similar, although I have heard better things about the Plantronics in terms of sound quality. When I have using an old pair of G930's they didn't blow me away, but they sounded alright, although if turned up too high the low end would distort horribly. The G930's also aren't known for their reliable wireless signal. They are plagued with disconnecting and reconnecting fairly often.

If you don't care about having a wired headset, then I would grab the GameCom 780 over the G930's.

Solution

ferwindjacks

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
Have to comment about the G930s-buddy of mine has a pair and the mic quality is sub par. Continuously pops and makes static noise. Also, they are wireless so their Virtual surround sound is worse than the wired type (latency issue)