GameStop: iOS Trade-ins Have "Exceeded Expectations"

Status
Not open for further replies.

t_wilson

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2007
How can people fall for this trap? You trade something in and they give you store credit, which you can only use to buy the over priced stuff they have. I never buy at gamestop.

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]t_wilson[/nom]How can people fall for this trap? You trade something in and they give you store credit, which you can only use to buy the over priced stuff they have. I never buy at gamestop.[/citation]

Paying MSRP is over-priced?

I wasn't aware Wal-Mart was selling Playstation 3's for $99.99.

G

Problem is that Gamestop or EB games as it's called here don't sell at MSRP .. most games are 5$ to 10$ over prices at wall mart or Bestbuy. Used stuff is sometimes sold at near new price. Realy not worth it unless you trade in many games at the same time.

tuch92

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
Maybe I'm missing some fact but how does a total of 6.8 billion activations minus 3.7 billion android activations equal 4.2 million iOS activations? 6.8 - 3.7 = 3.1 not 4.2...?

G

Screw GameStop. Sell them your game, they give you $5 even though its a recent game. Then they go around and sell that same used game back to you for $40. Also, they always open the game for you so you never know if they are mixing used and new games because its already open!

G

59.99 and you find that standard? I go to superstore and all their games are 49.99, you people sure must love spending money.

G

tuch92. It's million, not billion. But you're right it's 3.2, not 4.2. The author can't do math.

falcompsx

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]tuch92[/nom]Maybe I'm missing some fact but how does a total of 6.8 billion activations minus 3.7 billion android activations equal 4.2 million iOS activations? 6.8 - 3.7 = 3.1 not 4.2...?[/citation]

Its called hiding a detail in the "facts". Read again carefully.
" a total of 6.8 million iOS and Android devices were activated worldwide on Christmas Day -- that's a 353-percent increase from Christmas Day 2010. Google's Andy Rubin claims that 3.7 million Android devices were activated on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Based on those two numbers, its speculated that the total number of iOS activations on December 25 was at least 4.2 million. "
6.8 million on christmas day(ONE day). 3.7 million android devices on christmas eve and christmas day(TWO days) The conclusion gathered in the article is based on fuzzy math, and almost completely useless as they're comparing two days to one day.

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]iFanboys are clearly flamed......It's TREASON to give up your iToy........ it's punishable by death and a $5,000 fine.....[/citation]

Troll-bating comments are cute, troll-bating.

porquepine22

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
This article is incorrect. I work for GameStop and can verify that we do in fact give cash for iOS trades. I personally traded in a 3GS no more than two weeks ago, and received 96 dollars for it. Not the best price to be sure, but I turned around and bought an iPhone 4 new on contract for 100 smacks so I don't think the system is all that bad.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]porquepine22[/nom]This article is incorrect. I work for GameStop and can verify that we do in fact give cash for iOS trades. I personally traded in a 3GS no more than two weeks ago, and received 96 dollars for it. Not the best price to be sure, but I turned around and bought an iPhone 4 new on contract for 100 smacks so I don't think the system is all that bad.[/citation]
Probably because you work there. A non-employee-slave would most probably not be treated as you were.

G

What is the deal with the math? And store-credit steal is just that, they are the ones stealing your greenbacks.

GameStop is called EB here and last time I window-shop there (1 yr ago) they don't deal in RF products, but nevertheless, store-credit is quite a thievery on their part, but you could say all kinds of business is following bankers' example on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.