GameStop Now Testing Its Android Gaming Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxxel

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
Being "GameStop" after their testing phases they will repackage their new/refurbished devices and sell them as new.

JohnA

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
[citation][nom]Azn Cracker[/nom]I don't know what is worse. GameStop or a "gaming" tablet?[/citation]

Ummm......., Both?

uuicked

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
It's funny because when this does suceed, and with cloud technology in the near future it will, all of you will be acting like you've been supporting this technology the entire time. If I understand correctly they plan to stream games to this device through wi-fi or 3/4G and basically use it as a monitor. It would be awesome to have a portable Xbox or PS3. It's great, it's a gaming laptop without the hardcore hardware and heat issues. Can't wait :)

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
[citation][nom]uuicked[/nom]It's funny because when this does suceed, and with cloud technology in the near future it will, all of you will be acting like you've been supporting this technology the entire time. If I understand correctly they plan to stream games to this device through wi-fi or 3/4G and basically use it as a monitor. It would be awesome to have a portable Xbox or PS3. It's great, it's a gaming laptop without the hardcore hardware and heat issues. Can't wait[/citation]
I don't care if it can play crysis at 2000 fps, I still wouldn't game on a tablet. Now if they invented a hands free tablet with a stand to hold it for me I'd be all over it. Till then I'll stick with my monitor.

G

@uuicked
Nope, I won't support it regardless. Why? Said full console titles in the future. Console. That's the big no no.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]uuicked[/nom]It's funny because when this does suceed, and with cloud technology in the near future it will, all of you will be acting like you've been supporting this technology the entire time. If I understand correctly they plan to stream games to this device through wi-fi or 3/4G and basically use it as a monitor. It would be awesome to have a portable Xbox or PS3. It's great, it's a gaming laptop without the hardcore hardware and heat issues. Can't wait[/citation]

except that technology is already a failure at even best conditions, not to mention the lag caused by wifi.

some games work on onlive, but anything like a racing game, just cant be played, im not sure about fps, but i assume playing competitively cant be done either. now, lets also look at the size of these images, we are assuming a quality, that can be up to a meg a second, 60 a minute, and up to 3.6gb a minute.

lets also be honest here. last time there was an article about onlive, my home pc, at dx9 with a hd5770 could put out better looking graphics, and i wasn't tied to online only and living within 50 miles of a server farm.

i can not imagine this crap taking off... ever. i mean for it to be a viable option, information would need to travel at the speed of light (about 1ms per 185 miles) and even than, the ms would be padded far more than sub 1ms.

for casual, this could work... i mean if you are considering a tablet for hard core gaming with no external controls, than yea.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
If it's light and thin, has some sort of controller integrated, 11.5" screen 16:10 ratio, running Android. And powerful enough, I might be interested.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Anything associated with GameStop can suck it.

GameStop have become crooks and the last thing I want is a piece of their proprietary hardware that ties me to their scheming money grubbing ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.