Gaming Headphones and mic advice?

Lituk01

Estimable
Nov 21, 2015
Background:
I recently have been told how much headsets suck and that getting a good pair of headphones and a good mic will have you way better off. I currently own razer kraken pros and to be honest, they suck. They leak audio so much to the point of where I can't even listen to a YouTube video without my friends in a Skype or team-speak hearing it played through my headset when I can barely hear it. The game i play the most is counter-strike:Global offensive and sound is very important in the game, but because of my poor headset i cannot have it as loud as i want because of the sound leakage.

So my question is what is a good pair of headphones that are good for gaming around the $7 to around $100 price range.

Also whats a good fairly priced microphone? I heard the v-moda boompro is absolutely amazing for the price. Even though I would rather have a desktop mic, I can't afford it, and this seems like a great alternative sounding a bit too good to be true.

Solution
Good decision looking for headphones and a mic. For headphones I'd look at the Sennheiser HD 518's or the 558's if possible and get a Antlion ModMic, which makes a really good combo. Amazon usually has good deals on these products and you might be able to get a higher model headphone.

Hope this Helps!

GeRgY

Admirable
Hello,

Yea... Kraken Pro leaks sound (i got Kraken too..) but you can change only the microphone with that V-moda (its good enough!). With RazerSynaps your headset gives enough good quality and good dB power. Get this boom pro and you are done!
Thats my opinion :)
p.s. I am LEM rank on CS:GO ;)... i wont change my Kraken for any kind of headset. The sound is good for me.

BlueFireZ

Estimable
Good decision looking for headphones and a mic. For headphones I'd look at the Sennheiser HD 518's or the 558's if possible and get a Antlion ModMic, which makes a really good combo. Amazon usually has good deals on these products and you might be able to get a higher model headphone.

Hope this Helps!

Solution