Gaming Headset 80$ / 70€

Creebles

Estimable
May 16, 2014
Good morning everyone

As you can read from the title, I'm looking for headset that I'm gonna use for long gaming sessions.
I currently have the Superlux HD681 Evo. Why would I wanna change? The only fact is that they are terribly uncomfortable, and if I wear them for more than 10 minutes, they start to hurt my ears so, I started using them with both pads simultaneously (picture attached).
2dcfwqe.jpg
I don't really care about getting 7.1 surround spending extra money, because I already have a Asus Xonar U7 Echelon Edition. What I'd like though, is an included mic that doesn't sound too bad.

So long story short. What I'm looking for is:

- Gaming headsets
- Comfortable, with wide and soft pads so they do not touch my ears
- Good isolation from the surrounding
- Included mic if possible
- I need to be able to connect them to the Xonar U7
- Light enough to be used for several consecutive hours

My budget is around 80$ / 70€ but if spending a little more gives me better quality or better options then it's good. Please don't hesitate to post your ideas!

Thank you so much in advantage!

PS: I can buy from either the US or Italy

Solution
Would you be open to maybe using a mod mic on a pair without a microphone? I have trouble recommending these "gaming" branded headphones to anyone, in my opinion most are flashy looking overpriced junk that they sell to gamers who don't know any better. That said I have heard the hyper x cloud headset has decent sound quality and that would be in your price range. But you could certainly get better sounding, more comfortable headphones if your forgo the mic and gaming marketing, maybe like some sennhesier HD 518's.

Dunlop0078

Estimable
Herald
Feb 13, 2014
Would you be open to maybe using a mod mic on a pair without a microphone? I have trouble recommending these "gaming" branded headphones to anyone, in my opinion most are flashy looking overpriced junk that they sell to gamers who don't know any better. That said I have heard the hyper x cloud headset has decent sound quality and that would be in your price range. But you could certainly get better sounding, more comfortable headphones if your forgo the mic and gaming marketing, maybe like some sennhesier HD 518's.

Solution

Creebles

Estimable
May 16, 2014

Thanks for your response!
Yes, I could definitely do it. Right now I'm using a Zalman Zm-Mic1 and to be honest I'm not really satisfied with it, because I keep it on top of the monitor so it doesn't sound really well. That's why I asked about having an included mic.
But I'm open to compromises!