Question Recommendations for a laptop with webcam and two 3.5mm audio ports for a headset (1 for mic input in headset, 1 for the earcup audio)?

Dunedain

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2013
Does anyone have recommendations for a laptop model that has a good/decent webcam built into the top bezel of the screen and also two 3.5mm audio ports? Many gaming headsets use dual 3.5mm audio jacks for the mic and headphone parts of the headset (I want a wired headset). So I would like to get a laptop that can support those two 3.5mm audio jacks, and not be limited to buying usb model headsets only. I'd like to keep the price about $700-800 for the laptop, if possible. Thanks for any ideas. :)

Dunedain

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2013
Yeah, that would work also, but the laptop would still need at least a 4 pole audio input port that would handle the combined headset/microphone signal jack in one port. Anyone have any suggestions for a windows laptop that has that type of audio port and a decent webcam built into the top bezel of the screen for around the 700-800 (price is somewhat flexible) or so mark?

Last edited:
Yeah, that would work also, but the laptop would still need at least a 4 pole audio input port that would handle the combined headset/microphone signal jack in one port. Anyone have any suggestions for a windows laptop that has that type of audio port and a decent webcam built into the top bezel of the screen for around the 700-800 (price is somewhat flexible) or so mark?

Any laptop would have a combo port on it. Any system past the very cheapest ones would have a good enough webcam to use.
You are missing a lot of information you need about picking a laptop, size/weight, what are you going to be using it for, minimum storage size, there is a lot more to laptops than the audio jack and webcam.

Dunedain

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2013
Yes, that's a good point. I'll be sure it has adequate specs in those regards, I just don't often buy laptops and some of them that you would think would have a webcam and 4 pole audio port don't seem to specify having them. For example, the Swift 3 series has been favorably mentioned in a review of webcam laptops, and the model kisted first below seems nice enough of a laptop to have the webcam and 4 pole audio port, but they aren't listed in the specs. Even the more expensive model in the link below that doesn't list a webcam or a combined headset/mic audio port.

The other specs don't have to be that great, it's for basic use, not heavy gaming, etc. Do either or both of these models have both a webcam and headset/mic combined port? As for general hardware specs, average cpu is fine, and 8GB ram is ok, 512+ on the storage is ok, and having the graphics on the cpu is adequate. And as long it delivers on the needed hardware for the right price range, the weight is not a big issue, it can be super light or not, either way is fine. The budget for this system is unfortunately limited. But the webcam and 4 pole headset/mic audio port are required. Feel free to suggest any models that have the both of those things and keeps the cost under 1k, preferably around 700 or so. Thanks very much for any advice, I appreciate it. :)

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NX.HJFAA.001

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NX.A4KAA.004

Yes, that's a good point. I'll be sure it has adequate specs in those regards, I just don't often buy laptops and some of them that you would think would have a webcam and 4 pole audio port don't seem to specify having them. For example, the Swift 3 series has been favorably mentioned in a review of webcam laptops, and the model kisted first below seems nice enough of a laptop to have the webcam and 4 pole audio port, but they aren't listed in the specs. Even the more expensive model in the link below that doesn't list a webcam or a combined headset/mic audio port.

The other specs don't have to be that great, it's for basic use, not heavy gaming, etc. Do either or both of these models have both a webcam and headset/mic combined port? As for general hardware specs, average cpu is fine, and 8GB ram is ok, 512+ on the storage is ok, and having the graphics on the cpu is adequate. And as long it delivers on the needed hardware for the right price range, the weight is not a big issue, it can be super light or not, either way is fine. The budget for this system is unfortunately limited. But the webcam and 4 pole headset/mic audio port are required. Feel free to suggest any models that have the both of those things and keeps the cost under 1k, preferably around 700 or so. Thanks very much for any advice, I appreciate it. :)

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NX.HJFAA.001

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NX.A4KAA.004

Yes both linked laptops have a webcam and a headset jack. Not listed in the specs on those pages but you can see them in the pictures.