Gaming Headset + Cheap Sound card or

Yurius

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
I need help with $150 usd budget I need to buy either a gaming headset worth $110 + a cheap sound card like Xonar DGX $40 or buy a gaming headset worth $150.

Things I am looking for:

1. Comfort wearing them for long use at home only
2. Sound quality with virtual 5.1 surround at least (used for fps gaming)
3. Something that will last more than a year (headset)
4. Decent mic (used for recording games and on team speak)

Things I'm thinking of buying (feel free to suggest anything else)

1. Logitech G430
2. Steel Series Syberia v2
3. Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma
4. Corsair Vengeance 1500

+ Xonar DGX sound card (if it improves anything)

I'm currently using a $50 Sony Headset and a stand mic but the stand mic fails hard and I want something with surround sound for gaming.

Solution
Well if you want a nice looking headset with wich you can listen music, has a microphone and it is also good for gaming Razer Kraken is for you. However if you want a headset only for gaming I whould go with the Turtle Beach Earforce DP11.

theGamingDave

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
Try an Astro A40 gaming headset. I am using one right now and it is really good. None of the headsets above are as good as this one and a cheap sound card whouldn't improve anything. If you whould want to buy a sound card it whouldn't worth buying lover than the Asus Xonar Phoebus but that is $200-$250. I hope I helped you.

Yurius

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014

Thanks for the suggestion. I already checked the Astro A40 before. But its above the budget I have as that one costs around $200 for the headset + $129 for the mixamp or the bundle for $249, with that kind of amount I'll probably go for the Turtle Beach Seven. I'm still bummed on which one to get by next week as I'll need to have one by then.

Yurius

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
I'm 3 days away from buying the new headset. I did more research and it seemed that the Xonar DGX isn't worth it. From what I've been seeing on reviews and suggestions on other related threads. My final choices are:

1. Razer Kraken 7.1 - most people said this is good but couldn't see any comparison with other brands. It has what I need which is virtual surround and comfortable.
2. Genius GX Cavimanus - Good surround and clear mic as what I've read. Also has that unique feature that makes vibration along with the bass
3. Turtle Beach Earforce DP11 - Within my budget that also has that nifty DSS2 but I'm not sure if it would work on my PC or might have trouble using it.

Any other recommendations would be much appreciated.

theGamingDave

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
Well if you want a nice looking headset with wich you can listen music, has a microphone and it is also good for gaming Razer Kraken is for you. However if you want a headset only for gaming I whould go with the Turtle Beach Earforce DP11.

Solution

Yurius

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014

Thanks, I'll go for the Razer Kraken then.