AEROEngineer

Estimable
Nov 22, 2015
Hello there! I am looking for a pretty solid headset for gaming on PC, probably no more than $100. Does anyone have any recommendations? I want something that is good for all around purposes, such as listening to music, videos/movies, gaming. Also looking for something with a good bass ;)

Also, I noticed that some headsets can be plugged into the soundcard that comes with it which plugs into the computer via USB. But typically the soundcards that come with them are pretty cheap sounding.. Is there a way to make the headset mic sound better? Could I perhaps plug the headset (without the sound card) into a splitter (1 female to 2 male) into the appropriate speaker/mic jacks in the front of my computer?

I appreciate any help anyone can give!

Thanks in advance

AEROEngineer

Estimable
Nov 22, 2015

Just curious -- why should the gaming headsets be ignored?

razer/kingston/etc are not audio companies, it's like buying a car made by raytheon. Sure it looks cool, but it's more likely to blow up in your face and it's definitely going to be far more expensive than equivalent performance from a company that actually has long term experience.

A good set of headphones from companies known for audio quality are usually cheaper and perform far better. If you really want a good "gaming" headset, sennheiser has their G4ME ONE and ZERO models based off the HD 558/595, but just buying the HD558+ mic is usually cheaper.