Gaming Headset

bgwhite11

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
I have gotten down to these two headsets, both from Creative Labs(If you have others in the same price range, by all means mention them):

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma Headset(50mm, USB2.0/3.5mm analog)

or

Creative Labs HS-980 Fatal1ty Professional Series MKII Headset(40mm, 3.5mm analog)

I want a set with great bass levels/no warping, as well as all around sound quality. My guess is that the Sigma(cuz of the 50mm driver) would be better, but apparently the HS-980 has been performing quite well consistently.

What do you guys think?

Solution
Hi,

I'm actually in the same boat and was considering both of the sets mentioned above. I too was looking for a headset with decent bass. I bought a Corsair HS1A first and found them lacking any real bass at all, so sent them back. That is the thing about "Pro Gaming" headsets.. the bass is usually tuned down somewhat in order to hear things like footsteps and such.

I have heard from an owner of the Sigma's that they are great for bass. The person told me that they are great for gaming, not so much for music. Since I am primarily using the set for gaming I decided on the Sigmas.

Really, you are getting a decent headset (not great, but not bad), with good bass and an added usb sound card (that will work with other headsets as well)...

KT_WASP

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
Hi,

I'm actually in the same boat and was considering both of the sets mentioned above. I too was looking for a headset with decent bass. I bought a Corsair HS1A first and found them lacking any real bass at all, so sent them back. That is the thing about "Pro Gaming" headsets.. the bass is usually tuned down somewhat in order to hear things like footsteps and such.

I have heard from an owner of the Sigma's that they are great for bass. The person told me that they are great for gaming, not so much for music. Since I am primarily using the set for gaming I decided on the Sigmas.

Really, you are getting a decent headset (not great, but not bad), with good bass and an added usb sound card (that will work with other headsets as well). The USB has virtual surround, THX, voice morpher (in order to use voice morphing on the fatal1ty's, you need an x-fi titanium sound card), savable settings, ect.....I think for the money, the sigma is the better buy as you get the option of using either 3.5mm jacks or the USB card.

Also, although the fatal1ty's are said to have decent bass, I think the "Pro" moniker may not be as prominent as you may be looking for (again, the toned down bass in pro sets for competitive play)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS