Gaming is Top Activity on Tablets, Says Google

Status
Not open for further replies.

retrig

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
"According to the survey, 84-percent of 1,430 respondents said they primarily use their tablet for gaming. 78-percent use their tablet to search for information and 74-percent use them primarily for reading email."

Does not compute.

arael

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
[citation][nom]retrig[/nom]"According to the survey, 84-percent of 1,430 respondents said they primarily use their tablet for gaming. 78-percent use their tablet to search for information and 74-percent use them primarily for reading email."Does not compute.[/citation]
Multiple choice ...

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
84 percent of respondents consider poking a screen to be a game.

I mean, even if you sync up a controller or physical keyboard and mouse, you're still playing on a 10 inch screen. Good for a cigarette break and nothing more.

G

84-percent of 1,430 respondents said they primarily use their tablet for gaming.

82-percent of those surveyed by AdMod said they primarily use their tablet at home-- 11-percent use the tablet on the go and 7-percent use the tablet in the office.

So... around 83% of people who buy tablets prefer them for gaming over consoles/pc's???

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Right Google - so what are you going to do about it?
The Marketplace games are still behind the Appstore and of the ones that are on both, many seem to run better on the iPad. Address this issue Google!

jaksun5

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
Basically what we knew all along... that all the stuff you do you your Iphone/Ipod was done starting 10 years ago on PocketPC and the only thing that's improved is the 'experience' and the accessibility to non techies.

Basically why my android phone is back in the box and my old WinMo HTC is still in use. The Ipad is an expensive toy.

ollieg

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
Lucky015 (or somebody), I'm trying to understand what people are saying when they describe tablets as a temporary form factor. Of course everything is temporary - even the "desktop" personal computer will eventually be replaced by something else, it's just a matter of time.

I think about the Sony Walkman. It spurred the market for portable electronic devices and is no longer sold. I'd never call it a "fad". It was simply a product limited by the state of technology and when a smaller mobile technology came along it was replaced.

To me tablets are just another form of mobile electronics that will eventually be replaced by some sort of computing device (maybe an iRibbonDisplay or something), but that replacement will come as a result of technological advancement.

It sounds to me like you use "novelty" to imply tablet owners will soon be bored with the form factor and stop using/buying them, preferring the desktop laptop.

I really don't see a single shred of evidence in any statistic supporting this supposition, yet it's constantly repeated. ????

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]bestbatteryshops[/nom]...[/citation]
The cited message that I decided not to replicate sounds very very much like spam, but it's of the "non obvious" type.

It would be an impossible task for moderators alone to filter out the new improved spam systems. That comment can't even be read diagonally to determine it at a glance.

And with chat bot AIs that take content from other humans and reply to other humans, the spam fight is going to be a loosing battle, unless the readers community helps.

http://feedbacks.tomshardware.com/forums/14581-site-forum-ideas/suggestions/1687631-readers-helping-fighting-spam

Status
Not open for further replies.