Gaming laptop ~$1000

Mario Rodriguez

Estimable
Nov 19, 2014
I'm going into computer science this upcoming semester and I want a decent laptop with overall good performance and build quality. I have three options:

Acer Aspire VX 15:
http://

ASUS M580VD-EB76:

Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming i7 GTX 1050ti version

The three relatively have the same specs but differ in storage options. I've been looking at review videos but I've yet to come to a decision. I would want something that will last me and is overall a great laptop for consuption as well as gaming. All of these sell for $999.99 and $1000 is my limit for a laptop if there are any recommendations.

Solution
My first choice the Acer Aspire. With 16GB ram, a great graphics card, great CPU, and a sturdy (looking) build. If your willing to pay a little more it looks like a better deal. Depending on what you will be doing the CPU should do great no matter what and the graphics card will handle modern games easily. But! It has a SSD instead of an HDD (Faster loading and file accessing, less space for games/school work) BUT as the website says it can be upgraded! This would be my first choice for you

I personally have used and liked the Dell Inspiron series. My inspiron 7559 had little/no problems and it could handle graphics heavy games pretty good even with its older graphics card (GTX950M) so i can confirm that you wont have any performance...

UNKNOWNGAMER25

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
My first choice the Acer Aspire. With 16GB ram, a great graphics card, great CPU, and a sturdy (looking) build. If your willing to pay a little more it looks like a better deal. Depending on what you will be doing the CPU should do great no matter what and the graphics card will handle modern games easily. But! It has a SSD instead of an HDD (Faster loading and file accessing, less space for games/school work) BUT as the website says it can be upgraded! This would be my first choice for you

I personally have used and liked the Dell Inspiron series. My inspiron 7559 had little/no problems and it could handle graphics heavy games pretty good even with its older graphics card (GTX950M) so i can confirm that you wont have any performance problems with any of the 3 computers graphics cards. The 7000 your looking at is cheaper, has a pretty good graphics card with better build quality and durability than the Asus and the Acer (Maybe). It has 1TB storage which would be great for School and Games. But its heavier and has less Ram than the other laptops [8GB] which could (possibly) slow you down (A little bit). ((The Inspiron 7000 would be my second choice.))

Asus M580VD(...) which has 16 GB RAM but with a higher price tag. The build looks a little thinner which could be a pro and a con (Easy to transport around school, Easy to damage). This would be my last choice

Hope this helps!

Solution

Mario Rodriguez

Estimable
Nov 19, 2014

Thank you! I'll take that into consideration.

it's ASUS FX502VM. are you having issues accessing the link?