Gaming laptop (800 dollars) + Lenovo sales

Fangovich

Estimable
Nov 10, 2014
Hello, I'd like to ask on some laptop for games up to 800 dollars, I will be buying it in more than 6 months, though I want to ask now :) Laptop is used for gaming, if it would be able to run AC: Unity, it would be great.
Btw: On Lenovo shop is now sale "Black Friday" that makes huge sales, for example Lenovo y50 for 800 dollars, are more sales like this during the year or is it only once a year? (not black friday but some others). Thank you!

Solution
The Lenovo Y40s are made to be more efficient on battery life, so you're using the weaker U-series processors. Why they still get the job done, certain games that need more CPU power will be affected by it, games made by Blizzard would be an example. If you order direct from Amazon its fine, but sometimes the resellers posting on Amazon are not. If it says ships directly from Amazon, its mostly safe and they do honor returns if necessary. If its not available on amazon.co.uk, shipping will be expensive as shipping will be a lot due to distance, shipping insurance is a must or something like this, and duties and levies imposed by the EU because freedom-hating and etc.

Warukyure

Estimable
Lenovo's sales happen more often than they are off. While a laptop will have issues trying to play AssGreedUnity, it should play most other games decent enough. If your budget is just that much you're better trying to score a lenovo, while there are some downsides, ultimately they will have a better CPU/GPU combination at that price point. Other makers usually will only have the GT 840M MAYBE at that price.

Fangovich

Estimable
Nov 10, 2014
Thank you. I'd like to ask you another question - what about Amazon shop? Is it trustworthy? And most - what is shipping to Europe? Do you know? Thank you :)
Also I've been looking for Lenovo y40, do you think it's good laptop for gaming?

Warukyure

Estimable
The Lenovo Y40s are made to be more efficient on battery life, so you're using the weaker U-series processors. Why they still get the job done, certain games that need more CPU power will be affected by it, games made by Blizzard would be an example. If you order direct from Amazon its fine, but sometimes the resellers posting on Amazon are not. If it says ships directly from Amazon, its mostly safe and they do honor returns if necessary. If its not available on amazon.co.uk, shipping will be expensive as shipping will be a lot due to distance, shipping insurance is a must or something like this, and duties and levies imposed by the EU because freedom-hating and etc.

Solution