Gaming Laptop for School?

These are my ideas so far. Cast your votes!

• Razer Blade 14 2014

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • MSI GS60 Ghost

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maingear Pulse 17

• Aorus x3

• Origin PC EVO15-S

• Alienware 13 (coming out soon)

• Levono y40

• ASUS G550JK

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

yabbahooga

Estimable
Aug 18, 2014
I recently got a Surface Pro 3 for school, thinking it would be good for notes. I read the reviews, they were okay, and went ahead and got it. After almost only 2 weeks of light use, the screen cracked. I do not want another Surface, because after using it for those 2 weeks, the flaws started to show. If anybody is considering the Surface, reply and I will help you out.

Anyways, I am looking for a powerful gaming laptop that can satisfy my school and personal needs. I am looking for something with these specs or higher, exceptions can be made.
-It needs a dedicated GPU, NO ACCEPTIONS! If I am going to game on this, I need a GPU. No questions asked
-It needs an SSD. SSD's are fast, I like fast.
-It needs to be thinner than an inch and fairly light. Exceptions can be made, but only if it is perfect otherwise! My backpack is already super heavy and fat.
-It needs more than 5 hours of battery life. I know it wont get that much on gaming, but I need that much to last me through the day. Web browsing, watching videos, just general light usage.
-It needs to be able to handle games really well. Its a gaming laptop, hello.
-It should have great reviews and last long. I do not want a laptop that will break on me or not turn out as people say. It should last me through upper school, or at least 3 years.
-It should be fairly new. It really bugs me when a newer model of what you have comes out. This bugs me. It should be updated and last long.
-It needs an HD screen. At least 1080p.

Thats my list, I NEED REPLIES FAST BECAUSE I CANNOT GO WITHOUT A LAPTOP AT SCHOOL! Thanks for your time, and hopefully I will send my next message on a new sexy gaming beast! (as you can see I am very indecisive)

Bolin

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014
The surface pro 3 isn't designed for gaming, it's aimed at teachers and students who need light and thin windows devices that can handle office, web browing and many light programs. Be careful with your backpack when you have electronics in it or they will suffer damages, it doesn't matter if it's the surface pro or an alienware 18 as both can be damaged easily.

1. what is your budget?

"-It needs a dedicated GPU, NO ACCEPTIONS! If I am going to game on this, I need a GPU. No questions asked"

2. How powerful of a GPU? Do you mind fan noise when gaming? Do you think you need an 860m or better?

3, What storage size do you want your SSD to have?

4. Thin and light don't usually go along with gaming, but there are some models I have in mind. See the bottom of this post

"-It needs to be able to handle games really well. Its a gaming laptop, hello."

5. What games and what do you mean by well? You can merge 2nd and 5th questions

"-It should be fairly new. It really bugs me when a newer model of what you have comes out. This bugs me. It should be updated and last long."

Not a question but that's good to know, both Intel and Nvidia are expected to release Broadwell and Maxwell x2 next year

"It needs an HD screen. At least 1080p."
Revise question 2 and 5

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np7338-clevo-w230ss-p-6992.html 13,3'' (very portable), 860m maxwell, 750GB 7200rpm, i7 4710mq, 8GB RAM, 1080p, backlight keyboard, 6 cells battery Dimensions are 12.99" (w) x 8.94" (d) x 1.26" (h)
4.6 lbs with 6-cell Battery ~1000$
http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np7358-clevo-w35ss-p-6991.html Same that the NP7338 but the screen is 15,6'' and the battery is 8cells. Dimensions are 14.72" (w) x 9.84" (d) x 0.64"-1.68" (h)
5.95 lbs with 8-cell Battery, Single GPU, and Optical Drive

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y50/
This one is pretty similar to the sagers I linked above

KevinMer

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
Honestly you should go with a Laptop that is no larger than 14 inches, anything bigger is too big! Of those, personally, I like light and thin computers with a nice look, yeah not exactly meant for gaming, but there is more to the computer than just gaming. If you want a laptop then don't lug around a 2 inch thick Alienware, which suck, so the best bet is Razer because they are high quality, nice looking, thin, and have good specs

yabbahooga

Estimable
Aug 18, 2014
Sadly, microsoft replaced the product but did not do a refund. This thread is closed. Might come back to it later though!