gaming laptop i7 msi leopard vs lenovo z70

makiavelly

Estimable
Apr 26, 2015
looking into purchasing a laptop which one do you think is better? msi gp60 leopard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152646R&cm_re=msi_gp_leopard-_-34-152-646R-_-Product
or the lenovo z70 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0FU2KN3375&cm_re=lenovo_z70-_-34-318-428-_-Product

Im leaning towards the lenovo bigger screen 1gb gddr3 video card and the 8gb ssd drive +16gb ram the side thats making me hesitiate is the fact that there are only 2 cores

the msi has 4 cores cons its 4th generation what do you guys think? thanks in advance

velo3100

Distinguished
The lenovo is the one that I would go for out of the 2 due to the size and the ssd. But the laptop that orlbuckeye has linked is a lot better for high end games. What kind of games do you play and what is your budget?

velo3100

Distinguished
Now you have a choice. The game can run very well on the laptop that orbuckeye has linked but it is not the best for the other 2 softwares. As far as I know, solidworks like amd firepros. Mastercam x8 prefers quadrino cards as opposed to amd fire pros. As I have never used any of these software before I can't say that this laptop maybe the best.

It looks like you have to get either a workstation laptop or get a gaming laptop and hope that the software works. If anyone has used any of these software, please give your experience.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
annelilly2819 Laptop General Discussion 1
BlaiM Laptop General Discussion 0
V Laptop General Discussion 0
jojo319 Laptop General Discussion 4
R Laptop General Discussion 0
ryand18 Laptop General Discussion 1
L Laptop General Discussion 0
RazerMackham Laptop General Discussion 3
M Laptop General Discussion 0
harhar1230 Laptop General Discussion 1
Dudamesh Laptop General Discussion 4