Gaming laptop or Surface Pro 4

SkyKirbine

Estimable
Sep 1, 2015
As the title said, I need help deciding between the Dell Inspiron 7559 and Surface Pro 4. I know that they are completely different animals. I am a secondary school student, and I need a laptop for photo editing, video editing, (hopefully) gaming, doing work, taking notes and generally entertain myself. What should I get? Please explain why

Solution
Don't bother with gaming, you can always buy an xbox later (and then play on the SP4 using remote play ;) ). When it comes to note-taking, the SP4 is the single best device you can have. I completely replaced pen an paper with my SP3!

If you get the i5 version with 8gb ram and 256gb storage (or better), it should do photo/video editing just fine as well. Any version you get though, make sure to buy a keyboard (any USB keyboard if you don't care for taking notes with keyboard, though I do recommend the surface keyboard as a screen protector and fairly good keyboard) and if you can, a 256GB microSD (wait til black friday, you should be able to get sandisk or samsung UHS3 versions for ~$75 )
Don't bother with gaming, you can always buy an xbox later (and then play on the SP4 using remote play ;) ). When it comes to note-taking, the SP4 is the single best device you can have. I completely replaced pen an paper with my SP3!

If you get the i5 version with 8gb ram and 256gb storage (or better), it should do photo/video editing just fine as well. Any version you get though, make sure to buy a keyboard (any USB keyboard if you don't care for taking notes with keyboard, though I do recommend the surface keyboard as a screen protector and fairly good keyboard) and if you can, a 256GB microSD (wait til black friday, you should be able to get sandisk or samsung UHS3 versions for ~$75 )

Solution

SkyKirbine

Estimable
Sep 1, 2015

I'm more of a TF2 and CS:GO kinda guy, and screw the Xbox

SkyKirbine

Estimable
Sep 1, 2015

Ahh thanks :))) Will get the SP4

SkyKirbine

Estimable
Sep 1, 2015