Gaming laptop under 1000$

jeremyek

Estimable
Oct 8, 2015
Budget: Under 1000$

Screen size: 17" at least

resolution: 1080P

Portable or desktop replacement laptop: Does not need to be very portable, just going to be used at home for work and games

Battery life: Not very important, will always be plugged in

Games: A wide variety of modern games but they do not need to be on high settings (1050 gpu would be fine)

tasks: Just games and my work accounting

Storage: at least 1tb (small ssd for windows and some other programs preferred)

Sites: Newegg and Amazon

How long do you want to keep your laptop: Preferably a very long time

Optical drive: Not important

Brands: Not very important as long as it is reputable and trust worthy

Solution
Personally I have never used a laptop from MSI but they are for sure reputable and manufacture notebooks that receive a good amount of praise. If it's close to what you're looking for and within budget, I'd say go for it.

jeremyek

Estimable
Oct 8, 2015

It only reccomended one 17" gaming laptop under 1000 and its outdated.

rune2h

Proper
May 1, 2018
To be honest, your options are quite limited given that you want a 17'' display in that budget. It's such a niche laptop size these days (not suggesting obsolete, just not mainstream at all) that most of the time when you see them they are very maxed out and not necessarily budget friendly.

jeremyek

Estimable
Oct 8, 2015

Would you recommend the MSI GL72M? Its the closest thing to what I am looking for and still within budget

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072MTXBLM/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2TC87EJKQMY9O

rune2h

Proper
May 1, 2018
Personally I have never used a laptop from MSI but they are for sure reputable and manufacture notebooks that receive a good amount of praise. If it's close to what you're looking for and within budget, I'd say go for it.

Solution
Oct 31, 2018
I wouldnt go for the MSI GL72M since it only got a 1050 with 2gb of VRAM. You sure you want to go for 17 inch? In the 15 inch range there is probably more available suitable to your budget.