Gaming under 1300$

Charles Daher

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
Hello everyone, title says it, which one is better. I think they are all good, but i dont know much about them. I need it thin and under $1300. Please help me!

(Best bang for the bang till now, #1 till now)
Gigabyte P35W

(Why is this more expensive? I know it's Razer but still. Just curious what you think about it.)
Razer Blade

(Same as first, but worse?)
P34G

(Worse specs but IDK its a MSI)
MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-007

(Lenovo yes, i dont know what to think about it)
Lenovo Y50

If there is any Asus that is thin and gaming please tell me. I Think anything over a 860 is good, preferably a 870 thats why the firsr gigabyte got my attention with 6gb of dedicated memory

Solution

hello charles i finally received my MSI GE62 15 inch laptop, i took it to my friends house who is an apple guy and he was really impressed and not being a windows guy said thats the nicest windows laptop he ever saw. I love it its not to heavy but not too light and it appears to be made of aluminum, taking off the bottom plate to upgrade the ram and other stuff was a bit challenging but thats a good thing it shows its got good build quality i love the steel series backlit keyboard and its real quiet the fans dont get real noisy at all. so far it dont get very hot at all but i havent put very much load on...

psycrow395

Honorable
Feb 13, 2012
hello there i dont know much about the gigabyte laptop but the razers are over priced thin gaming laptops that have horrible cooling now that MSI you speak of is probably a well built laptop and i have heard mixed reviews about the Y50 they dont make many thin laptops in the 17 inch screen size so your probably stuck with a 15inch or 13inch now with a budget like 1300 may i suggest a laptop better than all the ones you listed??????

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152711

i myself just bought this laptop waiting for it to be delivered but it has a better processor than your number 1 pick it also has a steel series backlit keyboard which is a plus because steel series make great keyboards and most laptops just come generic housemade keyboards i would also like to point out that this laptop has one of the newest model gtx 965m video cards and its a 2015 model so you wont feel like your buying an outdated product. now a little side note i would like to add your probably gonna ask me why not get the gigabyte with 6gb of vram on the video card and why didnt i buy that laptop if its the same price as the MSI i recommended? well the answer is simple MSI makes great laptops and has good cooling for their laptops too, and if you can show me how your gonna use 6gb of vram i will be astonished because i bet you my 3gb card in my desktop pc can preform just as good as that 6gb card in that laptop and plus with a card that powerful you have to worry about heating issues most games nowadays require a 2gb video card for high settings and it really comes down the card itself not the amount of vram on the card because i bet the gtx965m outperforms the 870m in performance tests anyways thats my 2cents hope this helps good luck with your search

uthvag

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014
yor preference

thin and light - y50 (con- bad screen,860m)

Performance- p35wv2 (con - ugly and bulky)

best you can get for you money - gigabyte p25xv2 ~1500 fir an 880m

anyway the 879m while haming , doesnot have the hp to use more than 2- 3 gb

Charles Daher

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
but hows the build quality of gigabyte compared to MSI. I know that MSI has better better build. But the gigabyte has both a better CPU and GPU, good screen slim and everything ilike. But hows the quality compared to MSI.

Charles Daher

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
I am considering it best specs only a little bit thicker. Brushed aluminium in the computer gives me gosebumps for some reason, like when sharpening knives too. I am still decciding, it depends on the quality of the build of the gigabyte computer which has similar specs and thiner. :p

11sphere92

Estimable
Dec 5, 2014
I got lenovo and their gaming laptop is basically worth to buy. Why?

Because they are on their way going to get their name brand. Would recommend their laptop (Performance over Price)

psycrow395

Honorable
Feb 13, 2012
hey charles unfortunatley i havent owned a gigabyte nore do i know anyone who does so ic ant say on the build quality and the MSI laptop i suggested which i just bought hasnt arrived yet i got a notification saying shipping been delayed due to weather :( so i cant give you my opinion about build their build quality maybe soon i can report back

psycrow395

Honorable
Feb 13, 2012

hello charles i finally received my MSI GE62 15 inch laptop, i took it to my friends house who is an apple guy and he was really impressed and not being a windows guy said thats the nicest windows laptop he ever saw. I love it its not to heavy but not too light and it appears to be made of aluminum, taking off the bottom plate to upgrade the ram and other stuff was a bit challenging but thats a good thing it shows its got good build quality i love the steel series backlit keyboard and its real quiet the fans dont get real noisy at all. so far it dont get very hot at all but i havent put very much load on it yet. sincerely a proud owner

Solution