gateway ML6227B graphics xp no driver

sharpmark

Honorable
May 31, 2013
Anyone help with a suggestion on this please?
I know this can be done.
The ML6227B ships with Vista and we all install XP ProSP3 slip-streamed with a SATA driver...
Now I've got everything working except the Intel 945GM video/media accelerator.
Cannot use vista32bit gateway driver. 'consult manufacturer for correct driver..' error message
Cannot use generic Intel 945GM chipset driver. 'hardware not installed' error message.
A driver needs the (few) extra lines and configurations that make it an 'integrated' graphics chipset.
Of course I have basic xp screen driver.
A shop did an XP downgrade on this same model and got the driver from somewhere.
Then after a year or so, it started to have error screens and finally failed to boot at all.

This issue is surprisingly absent on the web searches - video working but just basic.
There are also a lot of pay sites for drivers that are just plain wrong and not going to work - giving the wrong chipset for example.

Anyone help with this? Thanks if you can, it's taken a year so far. I'm tenacious.

sharpmark

Honorable
May 31, 2013
Ok, I had one last try on my own and solved this.
It must be such a ..popular issue..that for the benefit of someone reading the question --
Firstly, I have made a mess of my install by leaving the 'unattended' install box ticked in nLite slip-streaming.
I hadn't removed the old OS XP Pro.
Now 2nd boot and onwards, I always get screen with choice of 1.XP Pro or 2.XP Home Premium(???which doesn't work obviously)
My main drive is now D: and it is using WINDOWS.0 for the windows stuff....WINDOWS is still there too...
Help please.

Now my solution to my own question.

Go to this link below.
Only download the .ZIP version of winxp_14324
Ignore the warning about being for developers only.
Unzip into a new folder directly on the main hard drive eg c:/videodriver
Unzip the first bios zip file too.
Do not use the setup.exe
Open the README file in Notepad and follow exactly what it says for manual install using 'Update driver' in Devices Manager windows. Select the 'Have Disc' - find igxp32 in 'Graphics' folder etc, etc it all works fine, then restart.
Do not use the setup.exe in the folder!!! or any of the other GUI self-extracting bits of driver install from anywhere on the web.

http://

sharpmark

Honorable
May 31, 2013
Searching with some different keywords found this solution to remove second copy of windows -
http://

I probably wouldn't have been able to repair the original OS anyway.
This information from the nLite site forum =
'A repair install option is not available, whatever the settings in nLite unattended, when the OS is damaged in a way that makes it not recognised by the installer.'

Also - in answer to your query ffg7 = I guide astrophotography and xp is needed for both my hardware on pcmcia slot and software.

ffg7

Splendid
win7 32bit should work for that as had to install win7 32bit on a new tower that has 4gigs of ram so that his win98 house design program that worked in xp will & does work in win7. will be running virtual xp on my upstairs win7 64bit computer so I can use my intel usb microscope to work on my model warships maybe circuit boards like I did at Celestica.