My Gateway NE56R41U (Win8) boots to the login screen as usual. However, after logging in as either user or admin it just goes to a blank screen. No software has been added or subtracted recently. Any idea what might have caused this, and more importantly how to fix it? Thanks.
Please do try the following troubleshooting steps that may help in resolving the issue.
- Press CTRL + ALT + DEL at the same time and select Task Manager from the list that should appear.
- Once Task Manager is open click on File then select New Task or Run New Task.
- Type "explorer.exe" and click okay.
- If your desktop screen shows up disable first all your startup items in Task Manager, just to to the Startup tab and disable them from there.
If all these steps doesn't work.
- While the laptop is booting up on the Gateway logo keep on tapping F8 repeatedly until it loads Advance Boot Option.
- Select Safe Mode and press Enter.
- Once loaded open Task Manager and disable all your startup items and reboot your laptop.
- If these troubleshooting steps doesn't work you may need to run a Factory Reset with your laptop.