Gateway turned into Chromebook?

Pam_18

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
I'm trying to turn my Gateway into a Chromebook, but it doesn't seem to work. Anyone know how to do that or how I can speed this thing up? It's SO slow now!

Pam_18

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
When trying to reboot the computer with the flashdrive using CloudReady, it won't work. I don't see my Gateway (or any Gateway) on the list of compatible devices for CloudReady. I think it's a N214. There has to be a way to speed this thing up.

Since you don't see your system in the supported list using the utility, it won't work that way.

Without listing your exact laptop model and specs there is no way to know how to speed it up or if it's even worth it without simply replacing it.

Kevin_308

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017

I succesfully did this to my NV53, but i had to wipe the hard drive in the process using the command line.

To boot you will need to power down, power back up and just keep pressing F2 (repeatedly, don't just hold it down. Mine beeped when it registered). Once you get into the bios navigate to boot and move the flash drive you are using to the top of the list. Save and exit bios and restart. You should then boot from the flash drive.