bertvandonk

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2001
Ihavestoppedmymachineslookingforsetihave gone to work on folding at home.They have published a paper in Science
the premier science publication in America.Their results
so far look good.So if you have some cycles left over
don't waste them.

avandonk

svol

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2001
I only run UD Agent with cure for cancer... that shouldn't be a waste.

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!
--- PM me for information.

Scotty35

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2002
Hey Bert, how are you doing?

Have not seen you for a long time whats been happening?

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/viewtopic.php?t=326" target="_new"> My networked systems</A> :smile: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by scotty35 on 12/21/02 08:38 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

lhgpoobaa

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I reckon if the aliens want to be found they can come visit us dammit.

much better to fold or cure cancer LOL

<b><i>The Very Hungry Caterpillar</i> - George W. Bush's favorite childhood book.
Note: This book was first published a year after Mr Bush graduated from College.</b>

svol

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2001
Yes, that is what I'm thinking too.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dimms when I turn it on :eek:

silverpig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
SETI is about to switch to it's souther hemisphere observatory, and then they're going to do a different kind of DC effort. They'll process scientific data from universities and such. Pretty cool stuff.

Some day I'll be rich and famous for inventing a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

lhgpoobaa

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Dammit. Bad bushfires in our capital territory (Canberra). Has completely obliterated a telescope observatory and scientific research center. dammit :frown:
Not a radio telescope though.

<b><i>The Very Hungry Caterpillar</i> - George W. Bush's favorite childhood book.
Note: This book was first published a year after Mr Bush graduated from College.</b>

lhgpoobaa

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well the aliens are actually here allready, and instead of contacting us the play games of "hide the pellet" with abducted rednecks.

That kind of alien i dont care to contact!

bertvandonk

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2001
Consider this! If the the aliens are here, they would have
your sister, gold, computer, etc. If time travel was possible we would be inundated with bloody tourists! So
in the meantime live for what we barely understand now.
Not for what we can't know

avandonk

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
I use seti, not because I think we will ever find an alien but because that data is usefull for beter understanding the universe, with their new program coming our the sensitivity of the program will widen and seti will be able to detect collapsing blackholes and other astronomical features. I believe that seti@home is responsible for the detection of several new pulsars as well. Space should be our goal, God knows this planet has gone to hell. A few more years and stepping outside will turn us into christmas turkeys with what is happening to our ozone layer...So I turn my cpu to work doing seti, not because of aliens but because it is the only distributed computing project that deals with space, our next home.

In battle Israel uses F-16's and big ass tanks, Palestine uses small children strapped to bombs. Which do you support?

TRENDING THREADS