Getting a Sennheiser wireless headphone to work on a desktop PC?

hatemf90

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
I just got the Senheisser 4.40BT and while it works wirelessly on phones, can it be used on a desktop PC? would buying a 3rd party bluetooth dongle work with the headphones?

Solution

The pcie card would theoretically allow better signal/range but is dependant on the environment as well. You can also move the external antennas a bit to find a better singal.It also comes with wifi. With certain pcie wifi+BT adapters, you can upgrade the wifi/BT module itself or replace one if it is faulty. But it has a higher cost than a usb bluetooth adapter due to the added features.
With the brands, there are only a few manufacturers that create the wifi/BT modules. You may find a particular type is better for you or they may be similar. I currently have a...

Suztera

Estimable
Mar 18, 2014
You can use any bluetooth adapter. Ideally you should look for BT 4.0 with aptx to complement your headphone. There are a lot of usb dongle to choose from.
If you have a desktop and have enough space for a pcie wifi+BT card, you can have a look at these as they may offer better range than usb dongles.
https://www.asus.com/uk/Networking/PCE-AC55BT-B1/

hatemf90

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
Thanks, would the pcie card have an advantage for quality of sound or is it just extended range? and also if i go with a regular usb any particular brand I should with?

Suztera

Estimable
Mar 18, 2014

The pcie card would theoretically allow better signal/range but is dependant on the environment as well. You can also move the external antennas a bit to find a better singal.It also comes with wifi. With certain pcie wifi+BT adapters, you can upgrade the wifi/BT module itself or replace one if it is faulty. But it has a higher cost than a usb bluetooth adapter due to the added features.
With the brands, there are only a few manufacturers that create the wifi/BT modules. You may find a particular type is better for you or they may be similar. I currently have a Qualcomm type Wifi/bt adapter (Built-in to the motherboard) which works fine with my Momentum wireless.
I have also tried a CSR based USB bluetooth dongle which also works great. Qualcomm now owns CSR since 2015 but I have not seen a USB bluetooth dongle that has chipset made by qualcomm via the CSR naming scheme.
The latest is the CSR8510 which most usb bluetooth dongles use including the one I used.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS