Getting Arc to work with Yamaha v377 and Samsung KU6300

imail724

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
After buying my first 4k TV last month, I decided I wanted to get the most out of my purchase and upgraded from the 1st gen fire stick to the new, 4k capable Fire TV. To my dismay, after setting it up this morning I found out my 5.1 receiver is not HDCP 2.2 compliant, and therefore will not output content in 4k. I figured I could try connecting the FTV directly to the TV and then connect the TV to the receiver via Arc, but no matter what I've done I just can't seem to get the receiver to produce sound. I found I can purchase a converter that will make the receiver HDCP 2.2 compliant, but that's another $30 I'd rather not spend right now. I tried connecting the FTV to the TV via HDMI and then the TV to the receiver via optical, but turns out optical does not support 5.1 either. Any ideas?

Is not that Optical is not 5.1 capable, is that the TV may not pass 5.1 information from stuff you you plug in directly into the TV HDMI ports, don't ask me why, ask TV vendors. Try configuring TV out to external as PCM (stereo) see if at least does that, if stereo is acceptable for now.

$30 bux seems to me, not a huge outlay, given all the inconveniences you are going through.

imail724

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
I agree that $30 isn't terrible, but it just sucks after I just dropped around $80 for the unit. If I don't have any other choice, obviously I'll do it (it's still a hell of a lot less than buying a new, 2.2 compatible receiver), but I'd like to try all my other options first before making the plunge.

imail724

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009

Yes. I ordered the part, but I've heard that although it fixes the 4K issue, the device cannot pass through HDR (although neither can my receiver I've learned), so really solving the ARC issue would be the best solution.