Getting internet on tablet in the boonies

mariah10

Estimable
May 31, 2014
I'm a scoutmaster and I show horses. In both cases, I am often in the 'boonies'. Generally, my phone, Samsung Note 3, works great, so I CAN tether to my tablet. HOWEVER, it is very inconvenient as I have to remember to have my cord and make sure I don't drop the phone ad/or the tablet/computer while using it. Give that generally there is no TABLE to put either one on unless you count my lap as a table.

So my question is: is there a way for my tablet to use my phone's data plan (I have the TRUE unlimited and am grandfathered in so I cannot get the share plan) WITHOUT USING THE CORD? Can it be done through blue tooth, although I'm sure that would be unreliable. I currently use Easy Tether. I'm not paying a fee for something I'm already paying a fee for (the unlimited plan) which I rarely use more than 2 gig except when at camp for 7 days....absolutely ZERO wifi there.

THANKS!

jitpublisher

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
Some, not all, but some smart phones are capable of becoming a wifi hotpsot. Whether or not it will work, or if you have to pay an additional fee to use it varies from provider to provider. To enable it on my HTC 4g lte through Sprint would cost an additional $30 per month, even though I am on the unlimited everything plan.

TRENDING THREADS