Getting the best sound out of a PC

TristanKing

Estimable
May 27, 2015
I don't know much about audio, but I've just bought a pair of wireless B&W P7s on a whim, and want to get the most out of them.

I'll be using them mostly to listen to music from my PC, such as Spotify, playing the odd game, - and I'll also be using them with my phone. For convenience, I'd like to use them wirelessly most of the time.

I don't know what I need to do to get the best sound out of them however. I have a cheap Bluetooth dongle, but should I invest in something else? I'd prefer not to spend hundreds, but some options at different price ranges would be nice to create somekind of upgrade path or something to save up for.

Solution
Not much you can do with wireless headphones to my knowledge. I think all the sound processing and amplifying is done on the headphones themselves so there isn't much you can do to change or improve the sound they make. If you want more info I would direct you to head-fi.org , their forums are full of people who know a lot more about this stuff than myself. That's where I ask a lot of my audio related questions.

Dunlop0078

Estimable
Herald
Feb 13, 2014
Not much you can do with wireless headphones to my knowledge. I think all the sound processing and amplifying is done on the headphones themselves so there isn't much you can do to change or improve the sound they make. If you want more info I would direct you to head-fi.org , their forums are full of people who know a lot more about this stuff than myself. That's where I ask a lot of my audio related questions.

Solution