Solved! Gigabyte AORUS App Center question

piechart

Prominent
Sep 11, 2017
I just recently finished my new build. I installed the Gigabyte AROUS App Center and downloaded a few of the apps that I thought I should have. However, some of them I didn't download because either I didn't know what they did or they seemed to be more of a user specific app. I really don't want to load a bunch of useless apps that I will never use take up memory. Are any of the below available apps critical and ones should have?

USB Blocker
Cloud Station
Cloud Station Server
Fast Boot
Platform Power Management
Smart Keyboard
Smart TimeLock
Smart Backup
3DOSD

Thank you :)

Solution
Doubt that any of them will be truly useful or otherwise needed.

Think in terms of "requirements based".

Only download and install applications that truly do something that you require to be done.

And, even then, check out those applications very thoroughly beforehand.

Check out each application via the applicable website. Read the forums and FAQ's. See what else may get installed as well.

Overall, many "crapware" apps simply duplicate existing Windows functions or other established 3rd party applications.

Just change the GUI or toss in other meaningless or useless functions/features.

Skip them all and wait until you have a specific requirement to do something. Then research and test accordingly.

Preferably on an expendable...
Doubt that any of them will be truly useful or otherwise needed.

Think in terms of "requirements based".

Only download and install applications that truly do something that you require to be done.

And, even then, check out those applications very thoroughly beforehand.

Check out each application via the applicable website. Read the forums and FAQ's. See what else may get installed as well.

Overall, many "crapware" apps simply duplicate existing Windows functions or other established 3rd party applications.

Just change the GUI or toss in other meaningless or useless functions/features.

Skip them all and wait until you have a specific requirement to do something. Then research and test accordingly.

Preferably on an expendable computer that you can quickly restore from a backup image/clone without too much difficulty.

Solution