Gigabyte laptop not powering on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arowo_

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
I purchased a gigabyte laptop about two months ago. It's been working fine since then but I tried to turn it on today. But it just does not go again. The green indicator light blinks twice and that's it. I have tried removing the battery and holding down the power button but it still doesn't work.

Solution
Well, 2 beep/blink indicates that your BIOS is corrupted which needs to be reset. I don't know any other way to reset laptop BIOS other than hard reset.

prestocreams

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
Try to remove from socket, remove the battery, hold power button for 15-20 sec. Then plug your laptop to power source, do not put the battery yet. If that works you can put the battery again.

Arowo_

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016

I've done that severally. I just want to know if that is the only solution.

prestocreams

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
Well, 2 beep/blink indicates that your BIOS is corrupted which needs to be reset. I don't know any other way to reset laptop BIOS other than hard reset.

Solution

Arowo_

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016

Thanks for the reply. How do I do hard reset.

prestocreams

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
"If the computer does not automatically recover the BIOS, manually perform a BIOS recovery by following these steps:
1. Turn off the computer.
2. Plug the notebook into power using the power adapter.
3. While the computer is still off:
4. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold down the Power button on the notebook for one second.
5. Release the Power button and the keys.

By following these steps the BIOS will reach the EFI partition in order to recover the BIOS to the last known good version of the BIOS from the hard drive."

It is an instruction for HP laptop, don't know if it will also work on Gigabyte. It's up to you if you want to give it a try

Arowo_

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Arowo_

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016

That didn't work. I'm going to try to take out the cmos battery for a couple of seconds and put it back. Hope that solves it.

Arowo_

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016

It's fixed now. I removed the cmos battery on the motherboard for some seconds and reinserted it back.

Arowo_

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016

It's fixed now. I removed the cmos battery on the motherboard for some seconds and reinserted it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.