Solved! GIGABYTE m6900 isn't working when i turn on my laptop

Dorbek

Prominent
May 12, 2017
I use my laptop as a desktop PC so i have my mouse, a monitor and a keyboard plugged into it. The problem is that when i turn it on the mouse isn't working, it doesn't even light up. When I unplugg it and plug it in again, then it works properly. I checked the device manager and there isn't a GIGABYTE device. All the usb ports are working correctly. I already disabled the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option. I also tried to set the computer to disable the touchpad when a usb mouse is connected, but it didn't work either. I also installed the driver for the mouse but it didn't help. So what can i do to resolve this problem?

Solution
Have you tried uninstalling the driver and then letting Windows locate and install it for you? If that doesn't help, I would ask if your mouse requires extra software to work (some do, which they really shouldn't). If it does, I would check for updates to the software.

Next, if it worked file before, and you know around when it stopped working correctly, you may want to try a "System Restore". It isn't restoring whole computer, just choose a date that is prior to the problem starting. I suggest this as it is possible a change by something else on the computer caused the problem. Then taking the computer back to its state before that change get it working again.

Should none of this work, try it is a different USB port and see if that...
Have you tried uninstalling the driver and then letting Windows locate and install it for you? If that doesn't help, I would ask if your mouse requires extra software to work (some do, which they really shouldn't). If it does, I would check for updates to the software.

Next, if it worked file before, and you know around when it stopped working correctly, you may want to try a "System Restore". It isn't restoring whole computer, just choose a date that is prior to the problem starting. I suggest this as it is possible a change by something else on the computer caused the problem. Then taking the computer back to its state before that change get it working again.

Should none of this work, try it is a different USB port and see if that helps.

Solution