gigabyte not finding my harddrive but it does..?

Nerolex

Estimable
Dec 16, 2015
Gigabyte p35xv3 laptop

Hi I have a few problems after I upgraded to windows 10. My external hard drive isn't recognized but I still see it in the device manager. I can't access my stuff but other computers can and other hard drives can be read by my laptop. Before when I have windows 7 I was able to read the external hard drive and use it but now after windows 10, all of a sudden I was not able to. I've tried everything from reinstalling drivers to even trying to reformat the computer. I cannot downgrade back to windows 7. It seems that back then when I had done the first boot up and had all your applications as a factory default, it was running smooth but now after resetting windows and installing the drivers, things have not been the way it's supposed to be.

Is there anything I can do to reset my computer to factory settings with all your software pre installed? Because using the disk utility cd that came along with it did not certainly work at all.

In the attached image, the FA go flex desk is my external hard drive and on the right is my computer and it doesn't see anything.

i tried connecting this device on every port of the laptop and it didnt work.

14506761739581756490952.jpg

and i also cant seem to contact gigabyte Australia by phone either.

Nerolex

Estimable
Dec 16, 2015

hi thanks for the reply but i cant reset it back to factory settings due to windows 10. im not sure if i have recovery discs. ive got a windows 8.1 disc but says nothing about recovery, utility discs that doesnt fix the issue and a manual thats it. so i guess ill have to order new recovery discs?