Gingerbread Coming to Verizon Androids Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
i've got a milestone (international version of DROID) and we wont have froyo till Q1 2011 .... so gingerbread will get to us right around the time the world will end .... Q4 2012 maybe

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Just last week received a 2.2 update for my Galaxy S after complaining a lot :)
I wonder how many Android updates Samsung will release until giving up. Hope they'll never give up.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
And here we LG Ally owners just got confirmation of a update to FroYo to be released in February. Still better than getting it really fast like the original Droid that had bricking, battery and overheating issues with FroYo but I wouldn't mind the updated keyboard from Gingerbread.....

G

We have to give Verizon some time to completely cripple gingerbread first. Removing tethering, wi-fi hostpot, and installing a bunch of bloatware takes time guys. Dont worry, you'll have your watered down version of Gingerbread in 3-6 months. Unless Verizon feels the media hype has subsided and that there is simply no point anymore. Their only concern here are the attacks from ATT and Tmobile should they start making Gingerbread advertisements. Verizon is only going to do whatever is in their interests, not yours.

i7Rocks

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
[citation][nom]jimmysmitty[/nom]And here we LG Ally owners just got confirmation of a update to FroYo to be released in February. Still better than getting it really fast like the original Droid that had bricking, battery and overheating issues with FroYo but I wouldn't mind the updated keyboard from Gingerbread.....[/citation]

not really

G

@ gingerwhat
i have all of those features and no "bloatware" on my droid 2

G

@ a.inymous. I agree. But if verison and motorola continue down this path of delayed updates and lack of qa ing a timely matter, it will bite them. I doubt veru much that droid users like myself are goimg to tolerate a gingerbread release much like the froyo with the droidx if they do-there will many would and go elsewhere. The contract termination fee isnt going to hold smartphone users down. Especially when we reserve the right to use our phones outside the intended service provider curtiousy of the patent office. many smartphone users are all about the latest bells and whistles-deny them for to long and those users will go elsewhere to get what they what a few extra $$ is worth it when u dont get the developer support u deserve as a customer under contract

Status
Not open for further replies.