Go Daddy Reports More Than 20,000 Registered .me Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

seatrotter

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
[citation][nom]martel80[/nom]Normally, this is called lame programming, not server overload.[/citation]
I second that. If there would be any problem, it would be that their database servers would temporarily fail. But just 20,000 transactions in the first 24hrs? With the resources they can muster (w/o breaking a sweat and their bank account), no doubt they handle 10x that load. Can anyone w/ half-a-brain justify going against basic database design/programming to allow duplicate entries? Upper management screw-up? Or there is money to be made during the refund process?

seatrotter

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
[citation][nom]martel80[/nom]Normally, this is called lame programming, not server overload.[/citation]
I second that. If there would be any problem, it would be that their database servers would temporarily fail. But just 20,000 transactions in the first 24hrs? With the resources they can muster (w/o breaking a sweat and their bank account), no doubt they handle 10x that load. Can anyone w/ half-a-brain justify going against basic database design/programming to allow duplicate entries? Upper management screw-up? Or there is money to be made during the refund process?

seatrotter

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008

seatrotter

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008

seatrotter

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008

seatrotter

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008

seatrotter

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
What the!?!

Sorry for that (though thanks gm0n3y :)). When I submitted my reply, I kept being redirected to a page w/ hardly any content (forgot the link). Ofcourse I checked back and when my post wasn't there, I tried again (after a minute or two). And again, I'm redirected to an empty page.

Oh boy, Tom's got a real problem w/ their comments script X(

seatrotter

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
Darn it, Tom!

Here's the link, http://www.tomsguide.com/us/comments/
Still a blank page. No further redirection.

I'm using Opera 9.51. Anyone else w/ the same browser/version having the same problem?

Should I try for the record number of post? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.