Good, cheap 2.1 setup under £70

DucksEverywhere

Prominent
Feb 25, 2017
Hello all,

Looking for a good introductory 2.1 speaker setup for my computer. I will be playing music through it, so it isn't for gaming. I'm currently looking at the Logitech Z333 and Z533 speakers, as I recognise that a nice sub woofer is essential for my type of music (rock, metal) and I'd love to hear some decent bass.
It is going in a medium sized bedroom. The only concerns I have right now is that my PC 3.5mm out might be bad quality, as I don't have a sound card, it is built in motherboard audio (MSI B350m Bazooka).

So my questions are: will there be a knock on sound quality on either of these Logitech speakers if I plug them directly into my onboard audio outputs on my computer? Is it worth paying £20 more for the Z533's over the Z333's? I'm also open for purchase suggestions in terms of speaker kits.

Thanks,
Callum.

Solution
Motherboard sound quality and capabilities has come a long way in the last 5 years or so. Today it's far better than what's possible from the old 'must have' Soundblaster Pro 16. About the only thing necessary for tailorable sound is a decent software mixer/eq like Winamp etc where you'll have an easier time setting sound/frequency levels to your particular tastes.

The z333 is 40w rms, the z533 is 60w rms. For kids, that means the 533 will be louder. For adults, that means the 533 will have better clarity and reproduction at a lower volume setting.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from DucksEverywhere : "Good, cheap 2.1 setup under £70"

Karadjgne

Distinguished
Herald
Motherboard sound quality and capabilities has come a long way in the last 5 years or so. Today it's far better than what's possible from the old 'must have' Soundblaster Pro 16. About the only thing necessary for tailorable sound is a decent software mixer/eq like Winamp etc where you'll have an easier time setting sound/frequency levels to your particular tastes.

The z333 is 40w rms, the z533 is 60w rms. For kids, that means the 533 will be louder. For adults, that means the 533 will have better clarity and reproduction at a lower volume setting.

Solution

DucksEverywhere

Prominent
Feb 25, 2017

Thanks, my worries are now at rest.