Question Good Data Strength, Dropped Calls

Mar 4, 2021
Can someone explain why sometimes I get dropped and broken up calls when my mobile signal strength registers as excellent? Are they two separate signals with phone and text being separate from data? I always thought phone/text and data were parts to the same signal but the quality of each seems separate. A layman's answer would be most helpful but any answer would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Mar 4, 2021
Can someone explain why I get dropped/broken up phone calls when my data strength registers as excellent? Are they each separate parts of the same signal or different signals? Sometimes good phone calls with 1x greyed out, sometimes bad calls with 4g. I'm thinking of changing carriers to get more reliable 4g service but I fear I'll still have spotty calls as I do now. Thanks for your help.

Mar 4, 2021
For calls, are both end have excellent connection?
The person at the other end generally has had no trouble with dropouts calling others but did have an incident the other day when the person at the other end couldn't hear her. You make a good point.
I still have no answer to my basic question though :Does my phone transmission always correlate with strong data signal? In other words, if I have a good solid 4g data signal at my location and I have trouble making a call, should I then assume that the problem must be at the other end?